We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fantastic webcam from Skagway

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
16,651 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
Fantastic webcam from Skagway

I do not usually like webcams, but the ones from the White Pass & Yukon Railway site are fantastic, particularly the one of the port where I have been watching the cruise ship activities, people walking about, the trains moving around, and the changing vista of the mountains as the sun traverses the heavens.

The link is here:

http://www.wpyr.com/multimedia/webcam.html

Although there is a huge time difference from my location, since the Alaska cruises started up for this year I log in at work and leave the webcam in an open window while I work.

Am I hooked on this trip? Well, only 21 days to go to get to Canada, then another 11 for the start of my Alaska adventure.

Now if my name was Dr Who ..............?

Brian

p.s. dbigfoot, was that your van I saw at ........? :)

Anderson, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,177 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fantastic webcam from Skagway

Thanks for sharing. I don't go until next year, so I am reading these posts to learn what I can. Marlyne

Skagway, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Skagway
Level Contributor
608 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fantastic webcam from Skagway

Frommy,

That may have been my van but I have gotten very busy this week and did not get a chance to see this until tonight after all of the ships had gone.

I will be going down that street in about an hour to meet a late ferry, but right now it is very quiet here as we look forward to your visit.

DD

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
16,651 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fantastic webcam from Skagway

Tuesday must be a busy day in Skagway, DD, with three ships in port today your time.

I can see why the WP&YR does not do the full run to Carcross on a Saturday with only the ship we are sailing on in port, compared to the number of visitors on a Tuesday.

Counting down ...........

4. Re: Fantastic webcam from Skagway

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, September 27, 2009