We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Evening dinner tour at Fox Island?

Which Seward hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Harlingen,TX
Level Contributor
821 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Evening dinner tour at Fox Island?

As of now the tour scheduled to begin June 14th, the 3 1/2 hour tour that includes a dinner buffet, with Kenai Ffjords NP. Unfortunately, we'll be leaving Seward that day but will be there the 12th and 13th. What's the chances that it might start up earlier than the advertised date? And do other companies do it also that might be starting earlier?

fti
MN
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
15,219 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Evening dinner tour at Fox Island?

I would think the chances are next to nil that they will start earlier. With 3-1/2 hours, you basically get a water taxi to Fox Island for the dinner, eat, and come back. Not very much time for a "tour." If it were me, I would first try to do a 6 hour or longer Kenai Fjords tour. If that won't work into your schedule, try for a Resurrection Bay tour and skip the meal at Fox Island. At least that will allow you to see some more marine wildlife vs. the Fox Island dinner tour.

Harlingen,TX
Level Contributor
821 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Evening dinner tour at Fox Island?

Oh, well, thanks! We did sign up for the 6 hour tour on the 12th. I didn't mention that the 13th is my birthday, and my husband thought that the dinner tour would be a great way to celebrate. We picked the 12th for the 6 hour tour, however, because that tour is a high priority for us and if the weather turns bad and the 6 hour gets cancelled, we still have the 13th to "fall back" on (and what better wy to celebrate my birthday!). But if we schedule the 6 hour tour on the 13th and the weather cancels it, we'll miss the tour completely since we leave on the 14th. So it sounds like, from what you said, we'll be looking for some other way to celebrate on the 13th.

3. Re: Evening dinner tour at Fox Island?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 19, 2015