We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendations for July 4th

Level Contributor
94 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
Recommendations for July 4th

Any thoughts for July 4th in Seward? We are a family of 4 (2a,2c) and will be staying for two nights.

Where are the fireworks held?

Wasilla, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
6,090 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommendations for July 4th

Just to check... You know that Seward becomes a zoo on the 4th? The population goes from 3,000 to over 30,000? A lot of the streets are blocked off.

I'm not saying don't go, but I just wanted you to be aware...

If you don't have a room reserved, do so TODAY. They will fill up early.

The Seward Chamber of Commerce site doesn't have details on the fireworks yet...

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage
Level Contributor
12,055 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommendations for July 4th

Don't expect much from the fireworks (especially compared with Boston's awesome part at the hatch); because it doesn't get very dark here that time of year.

Destination Expert
for Seward
Level Contributor
3,414 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommendations for July 4th

The fireworks are at midnight on the 3rd, just south of the small boat harbor near the baseball fields. I always enjoy them and being in Seward we have clouds alot which can add to the affect.

The biggest advice I can give is don't drive and don't try to park anywhere near downtown on the 4th. The main street is shut down for the races and there are food/craft booths, games etc.

It's a great family event!!

4. Re: Recommendations for July 4th

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, January 13, 2015