We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 hour Kenai Fords Trip in Resurrection Bay

Which Seward hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Spring Lake, MI
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
3 hour Kenai Fords Trip in Resurrection Bay

Ok, need advice, we are traveling with 3 pooches so will only be able to do the 3 hour Kenai Fords REsurrection Bay evening trip 2:30-5:30 in August this year, is it still worthwhile and will we see glaciers calving and much wildlife?

Thanks

Bristol, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
4,494 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 hour Kenai Fords Trip in Resurrection Bay

I took this cruise last summer with my neice and nephew. We saw plenty of wildlife, otters, seals,sea lions, puffins, eagles and whales(mama and baby) the scenery was great. You probably will not get close enough to see a glacier calving, but you will see them from afar. Stop at Exit Glacier to see one up close. I think it was a worthwhile trip. we had great weather and flst seas and were able to make it just out to the Gulf.

Alaska
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
1,786 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 hour Kenai Fords Trip in Resurrection Bay

I would be tempted to book a kennel (if there is one) for the day. The longer trip is well worth the expense. I have taken both short and long tours and have seen many, many more animals on the longer boat trips. The shorter ones are fine and I was perfectly content with them until I took teh first long one (6 or 8 hours).

You will enjoy it a great deal in either case. You do need the longer tour to go to the nose of hte glacier. The first suggestion to also go to the Exit Glacier is a great one

3. Re: 3 hour Kenai Fords Trip in Resurrection Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:20 am, August 15, 2009