We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kenai Fjords & accomodation in Seward

Taiwan
9 posts
Save Topic
Kenai Fjords & accomodation in Seward

We plan to drive to Seward from Anchorage on Aug 13 & do a Fjords tour on the 14th. To make the most of our day, am considering the 9.5hr Northwestern Fjord tour run by Kenai Fjords Tours. Anyone been on this? Should I book in advance? Would it be too crowded? Recommend it, or would you recommend a different tour operator / smaller boat tour?

Having trouble deciding where to stay as well. Have looked at Breeze Inn, Bay Vista and Falls Inn. Can anyone recommend a good, reasonably priced hotel or B&B located in/near town & convenient to the harbour?

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Wasilla, Alaska
Level Contributor
994 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kenai Fjords & accomodation in Seward

Last summer we took our adult children on this tour while they were visiting. I don't remember the name of the exact tour, but it was the Kenai Fjords operator. If I remember, it was about 9 hours and the intinerary included a stop at their island? where we had a salmon lunch. Anyway, it was fantastic. My kids could not say enough about it. This was around July 6 if I recall. We made the reservations the day before. One reason was to check with the Harbor Master on the weather to ensure calm water. You can also check NOAA, put in "Seward, AK" and check the marine forecast. One warning though. They did book up the day before. In terms of a b and b, I know of one I would recommend, but it is not near the harbor; it is in Seward. Kim's Forest B&B. I think the website is www.sewardalaskabnb.com.

Have fun.

Florida
Level Contributor
420 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kenai Fjords & accomodation in Seward

We did the 6 hour tour thru Renown last month and it was PLENTY long enough. They were great, too. I wouldn't change a thing - we saw TONS of wildlife. We stayed at Box Canyon Cabins on the road to Exit Glacier, maybe 3 minutes from town. The cabins were ADORABLE. Their website is boxcanyoncabin.com. They were really great people, I'd stay again in a heartbeat. Not sure of their in-season prices, but we stayed for $120 a night with 2 bedrooms and a full kitchen, VERY nice. Laundry room on site too, which was a huge plus for us. Hope this helps!

Taiwan
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Kenai Fjords & accomodation in Seward

Thanks for your advice & sorry for this late reply. Have decided to go with the 91/2 hour tour after all and staying at Alaska's Pt of View Suites. We're finally off to Anchorage next Friday. Wish us luck!

4. Re: Kenai Fjords & accomodation in Seward

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:20 pm, August 16, 2009