We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for Glacierlady

harrisburg pa
Level Contributor
170 posts
Save Topic
Looking for Glacierlady

Hello from Pennsylvania,

Glacerlady, I was wondering if I can purchase the milepost book when I arrive in

Alaska. Or, should I just order one online?

Please advise, Thanks Very Much!

Also, I am looking for a half day fishing trip (afternoon) on July 16, 2006 in Seward

any suggestions is appreciated.

Seward,Alaska
Destination Expert
for Seward
Level Contributor
3,369 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for Glacierlady

Hello from Alaska! :)

I would buy now to be a little more familiar with the book and to help planning. See if you can check it out at the local library??

You can purchase in Anch at Walmart,Freddy Meyer's, grocery stores aka Safeway, book stores etc. You shouldn't have any problem finding one.

What kind of fishing did you want to do? Halibut, salmon or both? With halibut you need a full day as it takes around 2 hours to get to the big schools. Sometimes they will fish for salmon on the way back, depending on the day. Your arriving right around when the silvers start getting closer in and it would be easier to get a 1/2 day with salmon but with the price and experince difference I do recommend going halibut. Sooo yummy to eat too!

The Fish House, located in the small boat harbor, books the majority of the charters and most of the locals are listed with them.

Have fun planning and an even better vacation!!