We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

about a tour

Which Seward hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Italy
Level Contributor
806 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
about a tour

Anyone know this tour called northwestern fjord tour (9 hours cruise). I saw different tours and i have to choose one. other tour is national park tour with dinner at fox Island 2 meal included in 8.5 hours cruise. other tour are shorter and cheaper of course.

I saw two company: one is Kenai fjord tour and other is Major Marine tour. If anyone have some experience please tell me. thx

fti
MN
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
15,310 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: about a tour

The Fox Island one is about the same total time as the NW Fjord cruise. I would MUCH rather be out on the water for 9 hours than having a meal on Fox Island and spending about the same total time. I can have my meal before or after the boat tour. I don't think Major Marine offers the NW Fjord tour, but I could be wrong.

I took the NW Fjord tour a couple of years ago when it was offered in the 2-for-1 coupon books. Thoroughly enjoyed it. I could be out on the water (or in the air!) all day in Alaska.

Italy
Level Contributor
806 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: about a tour

Thanks MN I put the NW Fjord as a good option. I was a bit worried if 9 hours could be a bit boring but I red many reviews and seems fine.

Seward,Alaska
Destination Expert
for Seward
Level Contributor
3,320 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: about a tour

Major Marine.. 6 & 7.5 hours both cover 120 miles. Shorter time has a faster boat.

KFT 9 hours covering 150 miles.

I am partial to MM (I like to eat!) so the buffet and reserved seating are important to me.

If you want personal and upclose with a max of 16 passengers then www.alaskasaltwaterlodge.com

Trabuco Canyon, CA
Level Contributor
62 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: about a tour

My husband and I are taking a cruise Van to Seward in 1 week and just now booking excursions (looking thru TA for suggestions). We disembark in Seward at 6am - I thought I would have enough time to do a Kenai cruise or Fox Island but just read this post and it seems like there will be no time for it since i have to take a bus to Anchorage for a next day flight home? Any thoughts of what to do before the bus leaves Seward at noon?

Italy
Level Contributor
806 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: about a tour

Hi Up2 I did the nortwestern cruise and then I took the bus at 6.30 p.m. to Anchorage. You must to take the bus at noon?? so you could see Exit glacier or try to find a kayak tour for a couple of hours.

6. Re: about a tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 am, October 26, 2012