We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
I&E
New York
Level Contributor
64 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Sourdough Sue's Bear Lake Lodging

Has anyone stayed at this B&B? They have Yurts. Has anyone ever stayed in a yurt? Would they be warm enough at the end of August in Seward

Alaska
Level Contributor
542 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sourdough Sue's Bear Lake Lodging

Haven't stayed at or heard of this b&b, but I would suggest you inquire if they have heaters in the yurts. The end of August could be the beginning of autumn already, so could be quite chilly without supplemental heat.

Anchorage, Alaska
Level Contributor
122 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Sourdough Sue's Bear Lake Lodging

I have never heard of this B&B, but the Bear Lake area is beautiful. There is great hiking up Tiehacker mountain and around Little and Big Bear Lake. Be sure to carry pepper spray because there are a lot of grizzly bears around the area, especially around the fish weir. At night the temperature can drop down into the mid to upper forties, that time of year, so I would ask if they have heating inside the yurts if you aren't comfortable with that.

3. Re: Sourdough Sue's Bear Lake Lodging

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 06, 2010