We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to put luggage for 10 hours?

Orange County...
2 posts
Save Topic
Where to put luggage for 10 hours?

Our cruise ship docks at 7:00 a.m in the morning and the anchorage destined railroad doesn't leave until 6:00 p.m., Where do I put four large suitcases while I explore the Seward area? I've seen the Seward depot and it doesn't look like there is any lockers to hold your luggage.

Fairbanks, Alaska
Level Contributor
666 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to put luggage for 10 hours?

Can you check them in early at the RR?

Seward, Alaska
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to put luggage for 10 hours?

If you contact the Seward Chamber of Commerce 907-224-8051 they can give you the name of a business right across the street from the depot. You're right, its not under lock and key but they to my knowledge have never had anything stolen from there. The RR has an employee there just to keep an eye on everything (camera's in the parking lot overlooking the luggage area as well). Enjoy your stay here in town. Try to get to Exit Glacier or at least the Alaska Sealife Center. Enjoy lunch or dinner at Ray's (try the Halibut Andaman (And-a-man) :) Fillet of halibut with a macadamia nut crust and Thai chili/peanut sauce ummmmmmmmm. My favorite!

Orange County...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to put luggage for 10 hours?

Thanks for the constructive feedback! I'll call the commerce and try the RR.

jq
Sacramento, CA
Level Contributor
661 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to put luggage for 10 hours?

If you are taking the Kenai Fjords NP tour, they will pick up you and your luggage and store for you while on 6 hr morning tour. Highly recommened tour.

New York
Level Contributor
3,290 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to put luggage for 10 hours?

The Seward depot will accept your luggage in the morning. I have dropped mine off by 9am. You won't have access to it until Anchorage.