We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant ideas for a small group

Louisiana
Level Contributor
133 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Restaurant ideas for a small group

There will be a group of 10 or so joining for dinner the night before our cruise. We will not have a vehicle and at least one person does not eat seafood.

Can someone recommend a restaurant that might accept a group, might have a nice atmosphere for a gathering of friends (don't want to be stuck off in a corner somewhere!) and would be within walking distance of the small boat harbor.

Thanks

New Jersey
Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Restaurant ideas for a small group

GlacierLady,

Is The Crab Pot still in business? Their website looks as if it hasn't been updated in a long time AND there's a page with an offering to sell the business (which does not sound like a rave review). If it is still open, is it any good?

Thanks

Seward,Alaska
Destination Expert
for Seward
Level Contributor
3,369 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Restaurant ideas for a small group

The 4-sale sign went up last summer and is still up. I haven't seen them open yet this year. I haven't eaten there...just been too busy during summer. I've heard from many that they liked it with the only negative is it is spendy.

Colorado
Level Contributor
92 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Restaurant ideas for a small group

Would anyone mind posting a general range of entree costs at the restaurants that you are recommending in Seward or even just narrowing it to the more affordable ones? Most of them don't have a price range in the TA reviews. I know it will depend on what you get, anything would be helpful. I pulled this list out of some of the posts I've seen.

Apollo's

Breeze Inn

Chinook's

Cristo's

Exit Glacier Salmon Bake

Greek Island

Marina Cafe

Ray's Waterfront

Railway Cantina

Smoke Shack

Terry's Fish n Chips,

Thorn's Showcase Lounge

Yoly's

Thanks for any help you can give me and feel free to add any other recommendations if I've left out anything important.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
916 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Restaurant ideas for a small group

This shows a Seward map where most are, and has links to a few of the restaurants websites.

http://www.eatyourway.com/index-3.htm

Anderson, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,177 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Restaurant ideas for a small group

Thanks for the great site. Marlyne

16. Re: Restaurant ideas for a small group

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 am, October 04, 2009