We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Saltwater Lodge or ?

Michigan
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
3,135 posts
209 reviews
Save Topic
Saltwater Lodge or ?

I too am one who has been having difficulty with the Saltwater lodge, but I am hanging in there so far. They failed to respond to my email after a week, so I called last night and talked with Jim. However, he told me his wife takes care of the reservations and that she would call me today. I am not holding my breath. He told me they had already taken a lot of reservations for July, 2008. I am looking for June, so he thought I should be okay. Anyway, I have a question about the Saltwater Lodge. If I cannot get a room with a view of the Bay, would I be better off getting something in the city? Although everyone says you don't need a car, I am wondering if after we pay all taxi and shuttle fees, if we would be better off just renting a car if we stay at the Saltwater. I will work through that some more. Basically for now, I am interested in knowing if the Saltwater Lodge is worth it if you can't get a room with a view?

Michigan
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
3,135 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Saltwater Lodge or ?

love_travel_13: Yes, I too, have found cruisecritic. Tripadvisor and Cruisecritic have helped me plan our trip. I don't know what I would done without them. I have learned so much!!! Good luck with your flight plans.

Michigan
Level Contributor
416 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Saltwater Lodge or ?

Good luck too! Probably I missed it in here someplace or through your postings, but you said you will be a week ahead of me or behind? And of course going opposite directions. We are leaving June 11 to Anchorage, doing a land tour, and then cruising SB on the Coral Princess June 16-23. First cruise for us!

Miller's Landing...
Level Contributor
50 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Saltwater Lodge or ?

They are very nice people. If you contact me i can give you their cell. It is worth it.

Miller's Landing

14. Re: Saltwater Lodge or ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 am, September 16, 2009