We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Alaska Saltwater Lodge reachable???

Brunswick, Maine
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Is Alaska Saltwater Lodge reachable???

Anyone out there that has talked to someone at the Lodge? Been trying for a few days now, left 2 voice messages and an email. Any advice would be appreciated.

Also, if anyone has stayed at Adms Street B and B, what did you think?

Thanks.

CA
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Alaska Saltwater Lodge reachable???

I had the same problem. I finally talked to a woman once about several dates and I got the impression that they were pretty booked. She said that they book up 6 months in advance. I suspect, they aren't responsive because they are essentially full.

Brunswick, Maine
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Alaska Saltwater Lodge reachable???

Had a feeling. Thanks for responding. Where di you wind up at?

Seward,Alaska
Destination Expert
for Seward
Level Contributor
3,369 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Alaska Saltwater Lodge reachable???

Saltwater Lodge is a very popular place. It's not real big so it doesn't take much to be booked. It is family operated with them also having other properties and doing fishing and wildlife cruises too. They can be very busy trying to keep up. Those willing to have the patience will be rewarded with an awesome, unobstucted view of the bay right out your door.

I just talked to Kathleen on the phone. She's in the office right now and probably replying as I type. 1-907-224-5271 Good Luck!

I haven't stayed at Adam's Street B&B but it does have a nice location across the road from the bay and 2 blocks from downtown/Sealife Center.

Brunswick, Maine
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Alaska Saltwater Lodge reachable???

Thanks for the advice glacier lady! I did get through to Saltwater but couldn't get information of room availability. Kathleen is supposed to call back in about a half hour. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. If not, Adams Street here we come!

I would also say anyone staying at Ballaine House is blessed with Marlee. All I did was email to ask about availability and got a response immediately along wih a ton of really great advice. She's fantastic!!

Alaska
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Alaska Saltwater Lodge reachable???

I'm a tour guide and travel agent that has booked trips with Alaska Saltwater Lodge for many years. Alaska Saltwater Lodge along with their Dairy Hill B&B is one of the best places for lodging in Seward. It is very popular and gets many returning guest. We only wish they had more rooms available; they seem to sale all their rooms early. It is well worth your time to keep trying and hopefully get lucky that they have an open room.

Keep in mind when calling a small Alaska tour Company. During the short tour season we all work 24/7 for four months to try and make your vacation perfect and come winter we all are ready for a long vacation ourselves to recuperate. And that means no one is in the office to answer the phone. If you want something special you have to sometime be a little patient in trying to make reservations. Alaska Saltwater Lodge is a family own business and also offers one of the best small boat whale watching glacier tours in Seward. If you have ever watched National Graphic, the Discovery Channel and many other films on Kenai Fjord National Park, crews that are filming or taking photos in Kenai Fjord National Park, Jim and Kathleen Barkley at Alaska Saltwater Lodge is who they call.

6. Re: Is Alaska Saltwater Lodge reachable???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 pm, September 22, 2009