We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

making reservations?

florida
Level Contributor
812 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
making reservations?

We will be in Seward in July. We would like to do a fishing trip (halibut) and a small boat trip to see bay/glaciers, etc.

Wasn't planning on making reservations because waiting to see what weather would do. However, do not want to miss opportunities either. Should we book ahead of time or not?

Thanks,

Casa

Wylie.Texas
Level Contributor
186 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: making reservations?

Book ASPS if possible.There is a chance you can get a open seat on one of the many charters in Sewart.I have one booked in July on crackerjack charters a combo halibut/salmon trip.There is places like the Fish House that book many diffrent charter boats.

Good luck

David

ps. I booked in Feb to get my spot

Seward,Alaska
Destination Expert
for Seward
Level Contributor
3,388 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: making reservations?

Hi Casa, July is the busiest month but usually day before/ same day reservations are available, it depends on the day and which company. If you know which boat you want to go with then I'd for sure make them ahead but if your not picky you could wait and see what's avaliable.. Most refund $$ if cancelled due to weather.

www.alaskasaltwaterlodge.com does small group combo trips of fishing and sightseeing. You would need to book ahead.

Halibut fishing is awesome. They leave around 7am for a 2 hr ride for prime grounds. I've seen whales, porpoise, sea lions, lots of birds etc on the way to and from. The record sport caught halibut is 469lbs. Most average around 20-40lb, 2 per person limit. If time allows you fish for salmon and rock fish on the way back in, usually 4-5pm. Most boats fillet your fish. You can then bring them to get vacuum packed, flash frozen, canned, smoked, shipped home etc.

www.seward.net/glacierfresh/

If the last minute and seperate trips appeal more you can go to the Fish House in the small boat harbor for a fishing reservation and then walk across the street and take your pick of the bigger boat tours. They are in a row of buildings each with their names on the outside.

3. Re: making reservations?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, August 31, 2009