We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how far is seward from whitter

Miami Fl
3 posts
Save Topic
how far is seward from whitter

My husband and I will unembark from a cruise in seward and then we'd like to go to the 26 cruise in prince william island. How far is it? and how do we get there. we may need to stay overnight at Seward so any hotel suggestions?

Seward,Alaska
Destination Expert
for Seward
Level Contributor
3,388 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how far is seward from whitter

Seward to Whittier is 95 miles. You could rent a car from Hertz or take PJS Taxi. We have lots of hotels to choose from in Seward if you have specifc things in mind such as price or location. There is wildlife/glacier cruises out of Seward with lots of other things to do here too. tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i10631-Things_t…

Let me know if you want more ideas or help.

San Francisco, Bay...
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: how far is seward from whitter

Hi Glacierlady,

Your list is great! very concise & to the point. We have only 9 days & we want to do a lot of Activities so will be taking an RV!!

By any chance, do you have such lists for other places like Denali National Park, Anchorage, Portage, Talkeetna or Whittier as well?

Here is the list that I have come up with after my online & rearch from Milepost.. can someone add to it if you kow of better places?

Denali National Park

-----------------------------

- Bus into the park till Fish creek (maybe get off the bus & do a hike, any recommendations??)

- Hike to horse shoe trail

- Ranger lead hike

- Free Dog Sledge show

Talkeetna

-------------

- Flightseeing : Summit tour with Talkeetna Aero services (got buy 1 get one free from toursaver)

- Take pictures from deck of Alaska Lodge

Turnagain Arm

---------------------

- multiple spots & take pictures (Beluga Point, Potter Marsh etc)

Girdwood

-------------

- Alaska Wildlife Conservation center

Alyeska

----------

- Arial Tramway

- Stop over at the Bake Shop (recommended in milepost)

Whittier

-----------

- Planning to take day cruise from Seward . Can we skip Whittier??

- Alternatively we can stay a night there (we have an RV) Any must see places ??

Portage

-----------

- 1 hour cruise to Portage Glacier (buu 1 get 1 free from Torsaver)

Seward

-----------

- Hike to harding ice field

- Ranger walk @ Exit glacier

- Day cruise (Major Marine)

- Alaska Sealife center

Anchorage

---------------

- Get Visitor guide from Visitor Info center for self guided walk (2 mile walk)

- Anchorage Museum @Ramuson Center

- Ship Creek Salmon Viewing

- Anything else??

Thanks!

June

3. Re: how far is seward from whitter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 pm, August 31, 2009