We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breeze Inn or Harborview Inn

Level Contributor
595 posts
162 reviews
Save Topic
Breeze Inn or Harborview Inn

I have read the reviews on both of these hotels and wondered in anyone has stayed at either of them or knows if one is better than the other. Thanks.

Iuka, Mississippi
Level Contributor
25 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breeze Inn or Harborview Inn

I've been to Harborview but am familiar with Breeze Inn, too. The views from and rooms at Harborview are better. Harborview is at the south tip of Seward for great views down Resurrection Bay. Breeze Inn is right on the highway north of downtown. To the extent it has views, they're looking across tourist shops, the marina and, if I recall correctly, several oil storage tanks or other industrial structures across the head of Resurrection Bay.

The trade-off is Breeze Inn is within easy walking distance of the major tourist action. If you don't have a car or if you're taking an early morning boat tour, that would be a slight advantage. Harborview is several blocks from some restaurants and souvenir/gift shops in "downtown" Seward. Walkable, but you might want to drive as the weather usually isn't the best. You will have to drive (or get a taxi) to the marina. Of course you pay for Harborview's better scenic location. It's worth the price if the other factors aren't important.

Mentioned in this post
The Breeze Inn
The Breeze Inn
410 Reviews
Seward, AK
Seward
Seward
Alaska
Resurrection Bay
Resurrection Bay
745 Reviews
Seward, AK
Level Contributor
595 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breeze Inn or Harborview Inn

Thanks for the input. It seems like the Harborview is the way to go. I will have a car while I am there and have done the all days boat trip before, so only doing the 1/2 day this time, so I'll have plenty of time to get down to the docks. All other comments will be appreciated.

denver, CO
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Breeze Inn or Harborview Inn

I have stayed at both the harborview and the Breeze inn. If you are driving a vehicle, for better parking I would go with the Harborview. The Breeze Inn has the better price, location to the docks and shops. I am stuck on the fishing in Seward and Homer and the Breeze Inn is a lot closer to the docks to book and wildlife or Fishing adventure. I last stayed there in August 2004 and the manager was great to talk to and he explained how they are rebuilding the lodge over the next couple years. I will be eager to see it then. If you are going with a spouse or significant other only , I would go with the Haborview, It has the best romantic, quiant feeling. Both are close to dowtown, The Breeze Inn is a little further.

Mentioned in this post
The Breeze Inn
The Breeze Inn
410 Reviews
Seward, AK
Seward
Seward
Alaska
Homer
Homer
Alaska
Level Contributor
595 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Breeze Inn or Harborview Inn

Thanks. I decided to go with Harborview Inn as everyone kept saying it was the better of the two. I will post a review of the hotel when I get back. Only 2 weeks to go!

Mentioned in this post
Harborview Inn
Harborview Inn
159 Reviews
Seward, AK
Seward, Alaska
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Breeze Inn or Harborview Inn

So where did you end up staying? How was it...dying to find out

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
1,471 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Breeze Inn or Harborview Inn

In case anyone else is interested in the Harborview, we did stay there and it was very nice. The rooms had a fridge and microwave, coffee and the front desk persons were very helpful and friendly.

Also, it is within walking distance to the harbor.

Level Contributor
595 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Breeze Inn or Harborview Inn

Hi there. I stayed at the Harborview and I think it was the best choice. Like the previous poster said, the rooms were clean and the staff was nice. I like to walk and it was close enough to walk to the harbor or to downtown. The Breeze Inn is down by where the cruise ships come in and was a little bit too busy over there for me. I would highly recommend this hotel. There is also a laundromat one block over which came in handy too (although it wasn't cheap)!

Mentioned in this post
The Breeze Inn
The Breeze Inn
410 Reviews
Seward, AK
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
60 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Breeze Inn or Harborview Inn

I stayed at the Bear's Den B&B this past summer. It was a nice alternative to a hotel and it was only a short 10 minute walk to the harbor. It's about a 2-3 minute drive.

http://www.bearsdenalaska.com/