We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help me choose between Stoney Creek Inn and A Swan Nest Inn

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
308 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Help me choose between Stoney Creek Inn and A Swan Nest Inn

Dear local Alaskan and travelers alike, if you have to choose between these 2 accommodation choices in Seward, which one would you go for and why. Stoney Creek Inn and A Swan Nest Inn.. Both have similar ratings in Tripadvisor, but I would like to hear more from you guys/gals.

Thanks in advance..

Seward,Alaska
Destination Expert
for Seward
Level Contributor
3,388 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help me choose between Stoney Creek Inn and A Swan Nest Inn

Both would work but what are YOU looking for? Having a car or not would help make my decision..owners of both are nice people, 2 very different places.

Swan's Nest is downtown, has some kewl woodwork, easy to walk to shops/ Sealife center, no need for a car, view of the bay, will be alot noisier than out of town, more of a hostel type enviroment, large flight of stairs outside to get to rooms.

Stoney Creek Inn is a nice log cabin type, 6 miles out of town, so having a car would be a huge plus, peaceful more remote area at the end of road so no traffic, lots more privacy but nothing to walk to do, hot tub would be great and also a fridge, no view of the bay, in a heavily wooded area with a creek across the gravel road.

2. Re: Help me choose between Stoney Creek Inn and A Swan Nest Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 pm, August 26, 2009