We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

legroom

Juneau, Alaska
Level Contributor
366 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
legroom

United has the roomiest planes to the Islands, hands down. Especially if you pay $50 extra on day of departure you can upgrade to Economy Plus -- the 4 - 5 inches are WELL WORTH IT!

I'm not sure I'd fly ATA to Hawai'i unless it is on a 757.. they fly 737's across the pond and its a bit, well, tight.

Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
11,440 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: legroom

glad you picked up on that.. it is the same as most first-class and the only way I fly from or to home (Hawaii)

Trying to ecsape...
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: legroom

Please tell me how I go about doing this. We are flying America West, which is United. Is it offered on all flights or just certain sized jets? We are flying from Newark to Phoenix switch planes and then on to Kona.

Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
11,440 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: legroom

ALL United owned aircraft ( not code share) have an economy plus section that on domestic flights has almost the Leg room of first class.... and load permitting they block the middle seats for even more room

Your America west flight will not have economy plus available and you may not be able to get the LAX to Kona as it is a segment,

Check with your agent... and look at this site " seat guru" for the dimentions of all airlines seats and seat lay out...

4. Re: legroom

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, August 20, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Kailua-Kona