We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

?American Airlines Transfer my bags in HNL to Go Air to Kona

Which Kailua-Kona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
279 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
?American Airlines Transfer my bags in HNL to Go Air to Kona

Need your help please

Flying to Honolulu this Sunday.

Scheduled to connect to a Go Airlines flight to Kona with a connection time of 1 hour 15 minutes.

Is that enough time?

Does anyone know if American Airlines can check bags thru to Go airlines flight? Does it reliably work?

What's the best/fastest way to get to interisland go airlines terminal from main terminal?

Appreciate the help!

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
279 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ?American Airlines Transfer my bags in HNL to Go Air to Kona

Also I just found out that Go is in the Commuter Terminal at HNL rather than the Interisland terminal. Is that walkable if no luggage?

Is it still fast if you take the WikiWiki bus?

Help!

Thanks

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
279 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ?American Airlines Transfer my bags in HNL to Go Air to Kona

Also I just found out that Go is in the Commuter Terminal at HNL rather than the Interisland terminal. Is that walkable if no luggage?

Is it still fast if you take the WikiWiki bus?

Help!

Island of Hawaii...
Level Contributor
7,943 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ?American Airlines Transfer my bags in HNL to Go Air to Kona

They will transfer your suitcases to GO! and you actually can check-in on the GO! web site 24 hours prior departure. However, should your flight to Honolulu be delayed, you are on your own! :)

Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
for Hilo, Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
37,374 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ?American Airlines Transfer my bags in HNL to Go Air to Kona

you should take the WikiWiki. The driver will make sure you don't get lost; let him/her know where you're going. Walking around the large terminal there is slow and it's not that hard to get lost. Getting even slightly lost could make you miss this flight.

If you are confused about where to stand to get the right WikiWiki line, be pro-active and ask one of the security guards standing around. People are very helpful here.

I mention this because I find the color-coding system they use for the WikiWiki to be less than clear just from reading the signage. Last time I was there I asked for confirmation of where to stand and got it, the bus came by very soon after and the ride was quick.

Once a long time ago I walked to the Commuter terminal from the main arrivals (was lost) and it took a fair amount of time.

If your baggage by some chance missed the connection, it would get sent over next flight and they ought to deliver it. Not that I think it will, but it wouldn't be that bad as the inter-island flights are frequent.

Ohio
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: ?American Airlines Transfer my bags in HNL to Go Air to Kona

We did the same thing last month. If you do not mind a walk of about 10-12 minutes, then the walk is pretty easy, and you do not need to go through security again. Our luggage made it to Kona fine. When you check in whereever you are leaving from ORD or DFW, tell them that you are flying to Kona on Go (which is really Mesa) and they have a code share with Mesa. Good luck.

6. Re: ?American Airlines Transfer my bags in HNL to Go Air to Kona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, August 13, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Kailua-Kona