We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mauna Loa Village by the Sea

Which Kailua-Kona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oregon
1 post
Save Topic
Mauna Loa Village by the Sea

First off- I hope all are safe on the islands. Our family will be coming to the BI the first part of December for our first trip to the BI. We have reservations for a week at Mauna Loa Village by the Sea and then on to Embassy Suites in Kaanapali on Maui.

Please tell me I made a great decision to say yes to Mauna Loa. There are many mixed reviews and the pictures make the resort look fairly old. We have reserved a two bedroom unit.

Any more info that you can give me? Where to go? What to do? Where to eat? Where to snorkle? We would like to take a helicopter around the isalnd, so cost?

Thanks for any info you can give me.

Island of Hawaii...
Level Contributor
7,943 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mauna Loa Village by the Sea

Don't get fooled, it's not by the sea but it's a nice mixed use complex. Some units have ocean views over the golf course. It's about 16 years old and kind of out of the way in Keauhou. You will need a car to go anywhere from there except the Sheraton. Check out konaforum.com for retaurant reviews.

2. Re: Mauna Loa Village by the Sea

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 am, August 24, 2009