We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton Grand Vacation Club

Toronto
Level Contributor
236 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Hilton Grand Vacation Club

I have been looking through the threads and can't find that I am looking for regarding the Hilton Grand Vacation Club Waikola Beach

We are Intrawest members and have access to the club - there appear to be two - Kings land and the beach club - what is confusing me is that they seem to be set away from the actual resort

Not a big deal but as I plan to go with three kids want to make sure we will get our points worth

If anybody can explain the Timeshares and their location vis a vis the beach club and main resort I would appreciate it as well differences between the two

Thanks

Canada
Level Contributor
9,167 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hilton Grand Vacation Club

Perhaps you could provide some clarification.....

Here is a map that shows the location of the various timeshare properties and others located within Waikoloa Beach Resort. (WBR)

waikoloa-realty.com/kohala-resorts/waikoloa-…

Hilton Grand Vacation Club ( HGVC) is located is close proximity to King's Land... kitty corner, kind of.. Sometimes referred toas "Kohala suites"

I am not sure what is this "Beach Club" that you are referring?

The Main Hilton Hotel ( Hilton Waikoloa Village) is located also within the resort another 1/2 mile up the street. These Hilton properties are served by shuttle.

I would select King's Land. It would be hard to imagine children not enjoying a stay there. You would have a reciprocal privilege with the Hotel for their pool use and parking , if you wanted to check that property as well. Many folks are impressed with the Hotels pools. They are unheated. however.

What is the time of your visit?

You posted on the Kailua-Kona forum...which is located on a different area of the Island from these properties . They are located in South Kohala....great spot, clear blueskies, little rain and close proximity to the Island's best beaches.

Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
for Hilo, Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
38,023 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hilton Grand Vacation Club

Wanderlustʻs explanation is great. A couple more facts.

There is an overall resort area called Waikoloa Beach Resort. The Hilton, Marriott, timeshares, and numerous condo complexes are within the umbrella of this resort, which also includes the two shopping areas and golf courses.

The Hilton is rarely referred to here (on island or in the forum) as "the resort." Usually just called the Hilton by local residents and frequent visitors, despite its formal name Hilton Waikoloa Village. This may help you make reference without confusing us.

There is a homeownerʻs amenity program called "Beach Club" at the Mauna Lani Resort, which is a bit to the north of the Waikoloa resort area, and typically that is what Beach Club means on the forum here, but you seem to be referring to a Hilton package?

We do not care too much about keeping the sub-forum topics all neat and correctly located, and if itʻs the right island it is all good. However, for reading purposes, you should move up a level and read at the Island of Hawaiʻi level so you can see topics in the Kohala Coast subforum (and under it in the tree is Waikoloa).

You can certainly read in those more specific forums, but keep in mind that many people post topics about the Hilton and Kohala Coast up at the Island of Hawaiʻi topic level, and those topics do not show up if you read at a subforum level.

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
304 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hilton Grand Vacation Club

There are 3 HGVC properties on the Big Island. All of them located within Waikoloa Beach Resort. There is Kings Land, the most upscale and newest of the three. Then there is HGVC at Waikoloa Beach Resort. Finally, there is the Bay Club which I believe is the oldest but has recently been renovated. If you stay at Kings Land or HGVC, you are able to access the pools and amenities of the nearby Hilton. That may or may not be important to you. The Hilton is kind of a zoo so you might want to just avoid it at all costs. The Bay Club does not have that amenity.

Waikoloa Beach Resort is huge. Getting to the Hilton from any of these locations will require a drive.

Big Island, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
26,199 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hilton Grand Vacation Club

Kings Land also has the best pools of any condo complex on the island. Much better than the Hilton's IMO, although not as large, but they're quieter and heated! In addition you don't have the specter of the tragic captive dolphin lagoon.

Toronto
Level Contributor
236 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hilton Grand Vacation Club

Really appreciate all the helpful comments - much appreciated!!

6. Re: Hilton Grand Vacation Club

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, March 02, 2015