We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Exploring Kailua-Kona with Luggage

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
781 posts
255 reviews
Save Topic
Exploring Kailua-Kona with Luggage

I have about 10 hours to spend in Kailua-Kona, but have luggage. Any suggestions on the best way to spend the time? Know of any places that offer temporary luggage storage?

Big Island, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
26,199 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Exploring Kailua-Kona with Luggage

Whether it's a garage or a free or pay lot, none of them in Kailua Kona have decent security and are frequent targets for thieves, in fact the garages are worse. I would get lunch at Hualalai, stroll around the resort, go to Kukio Bay and Kikaua Point and hang out with the turtles, explore the fishponds, maybe do some snorkeling. The whole area is secure, less than ten minutes from the airport, and one of the most beautiful shoreline areas in all

Hawaii. There are plenty showers and restrooms too.

Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
for Hilo, Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
38,023 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Exploring Kailua-Kona with Luggage

I was afraid you would say that about the garage. Oh well. The alternative idea is way prettier anyway.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
781 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Exploring Kailua-Kona with Luggage

sounds good. Thanks!

14. Re: Exploring Kailua-Kona with Luggage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, September 26, 2014