We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kings' Land by Hilton Grand Vacations Club

Which Kailua-Kona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
147 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Kings' Land by Hilton Grand Vacations Club

We will be staying at the Kings' Land by Hilton Grand Vacations Club in December for 1 week with family (grandparents + young kids).

Do we need a car rental (mini-van) or can we get by with shuttles, taxis, tour buses?

Any suggestions of things to do with family members young & old?

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
128 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Kings' Land by Hilton Grand Vacations Club

I would definitely rent a car. So much to see you dreamily need a vehicle to get around. How young are the children? The sea horse far is pretty cool. Where else can you actually hold a sea horse?

Canada
Level Contributor
9,012 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kings' Land by Hilton Grand Vacations Club

Oh Heavens....You definitely need a vehicle for the ENTIRE time. The Big Island is the last place one would want to be without wheels........does not have the public transportation system ( or even close ) of the GTA.

The South Kohala area is known for it's lovely beaches....which are a short car ride from King'sLand.

Hopefully this visit isn't over Christmas/NY's weeks in Dec.....as the rental rates are sky high then for vehicles....and most have been reserved months ago. Book a non- pre-pay courtesy hold ASAP.

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
12,616 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kings' Land by Hilton Grand Vacations Club

I agree, a car is essential, not only for exploring, but also for having options for meals if you're going to restaurants, and for getting groceries for your condo or snacks for the hotel rooms. (I think Kona Wahine meant "definitely" as opposed to "dreamily" ... auto spell check?)

For things to do, the Top Questions on the main page for the Island of Hawaii will be helpful, in particular the link re "What are the must see and do sites and activities". You'll find these links at the right side of this page: tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g29217-i268-Island_…

4. Re: Kings' Land by Hilton Grand Vacations Club

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, September 22, 2014