We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ironman

Saratoga Springs...
Level Contributor
112 posts
98 reviews
Save Topic
Ironman

To continue my quest for accomodation for the Ironman Competition: We booked a condo at Wyndham Kona Hawaiian Resort through the travel agent for the race. I was unable to find anything on my own (thank you for all of your help Kamaainak) and even through the travel agent all of the hotels were sold out and only 2 condos left at this resort. So we had no choice and had to book from the 7-14. My son yesterday just got cleared from classes for the week and needs to be back late the 16th or early the 17th.

So now I would like to spend at least one night at VNP (hopefully 2). We will be flying into Kona of course for the race and should fly out of Hilo since we are spending the end of our trip at VNP. I looked into rooms at Volcano House, which are expensive with mixed reviews. Since we might only have one night, what would you recommend? I checked the At The Craters Edge which is sold out. Now that we finally have the OK we can book flights, confirm car and start getting excited!

Kona
Level Contributor
2,497 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ironman

This is the thread you need - created to give people lots of options for one-night stays in Volcano:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60607-i1026-k6728…

Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
for Hilo, Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
38,866 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ironman

Volcano House is way overpriced. I would look at other options as on that thread wahine kindly linked.

I hear that some island residents of Kona like to go to Volcano during Ironman to get away, plus all the Ironman visitors who stay on as you are planning, so you probably face a lot of sold out. But most VRBO has a calendar, so the shopping should be fairly fast.

Saratoga Springs...
Level Contributor
112 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ironman

You are wonderful ! Thanks so much for the quick answers , lots of options, researching now.....

Big Island, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
27,895 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ironman

Wyndham Kona Hawaiian Resort is a really good location for an IM athlete and I think the units are very cute.

5. Re: Ironman

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:35 pm, August 29, 2013
6. Re: Ironman

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 4:43 pm, August 29, 2013
Edited: 4:43 pm, August 29, 2013
Canada
Level Contributor
9,263 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ironman

Gosh, Nadine....get that car rental sewn up lickity split.......make a non pre-pay hold .

Canada
Level Contributor
60 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ironman

I've also reported it as spam.

Saratoga Springs...
Level Contributor
112 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ironman

Just saw that I received a new message and checked my TA. What does all this mean about spam ? Did I miss something....

LA
Level Contributor
10,106 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Ironman

There was a spammer that was reported and the moderators deleted.

It was not at all about you.

Continue on planning for a great trip!