We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any "day" rooms options

Which Kailua-Kona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
5 posts
Save Topic
Any "day" rooms options

Looking for a place to stay for the day before our late flight in April 2014. Just need some where to park the luggage and have a shower. Any ideas? Thanks.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,468 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Any "day" rooms options

If a United flight, on my recent trip I checked my bag really early (to avoid extending my rental car car another day) at around 3pm for a 9pm flight. United will accept your checked luggage fairly early but they put it behind the counter then run it thru security when it gets close to the time and my bag arrived in Denver w/o any trouble the next day when I did. As for showers yes find out if one of the resorts has a day pass w/ pool and shower facilities. For example the public access at Mauna Kea beach is pretty nice and there's a security guy there most of the time checking your free pass when you park.....maybe find out if they have pool and shower guest pass option?

Big Island, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
25,813 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Any "day" rooms options

None of the hotels here have a pool and shower guest pass unless you're a hotel guest, except the Hilton's day pass which costs almost as much as a room.

Also while you can sometimes get the curbside porters at United to take and hold your luggage before the 3-4 hours before flight time cut off that most airlines have as policy, they are not supposed to, and I think it's a good way to wind up with lost, delayed, or stolen bags.

5 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Any "day" rooms options

Great ideas - thanks!

14. Re: Any "day" rooms options

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, May 31, 2014