We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Top Questions

Which Kailua-Kona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rosamond, California
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Top Questions

We will be visiting the Big Island for a family wedding next 2 weeks. I can't seem to get all the Top Questions to show on the top right corner of the travel forum page. The only TQ that shows is about the distance to airport. Is there another place to access the TQ information? Sorry for the specifics to follow but would like comments in case I can't get to the TQ questions.

We have 3 nights at VNP as a south base for the park and Hilo. Staying at the KMC in the park. With 90 year old mother in law (who is awesome) will do the short hike to Akaka waterfalls and Hawaiian Tropical Botanical Gardens (with bug spray and rain gear, 13 mile marker). From KMC, will we still need to go to Jaegger to see night lava glow? I'm trying for the TQ link to get other suggestions.

Then headed for vrbo rental house (has pool and resort pass) above Mauna Kea resort (wedding is at the resort) for a week. We must stop at Costco for wedding and large group supplies. So driving on Kona side up to the north. Have a morning dive scheduled on one day with Kohala Divers. (night manta dive is booked for after house rental week.) Hoping for snorkeling beach recommendations from TQ link. There's a group luau evening at Marriott Waikoloa up north. Next day there's a group golf afternoon at Mauna Kea, and perhaps at Hapuna Beach. Looking for recommendation where to buy fresh fish to grill at the house. Costco or? Any other half day excursions from MK area?

After house rental, looking for suggestions on Kailua hotel for two nights. King Kam has retired military rate that's ok. Also looked at Sheraton but their add on charges seemed higher. Liked the idea of seeing the mantas from their cliff, though. Outrigger is no more :-( Will do a manta night dive while based in Kailua 2 nights before we fly out. We plan to eat dinner at Four Seasons as last splurge before we depart at 10 pm for red eye back to California. Should we make reservations?

Again I apologize for so many details and the length of the post. Any other suggestions?

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
37,633 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Top Questions

If you go to the Island of Hawaii forum page, you will see a ton of Top questions - not many top questions in the specific forum you were looking at. :)

Edited: 5:08 pm, May 06, 2013
Rosamond, California
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Top Questions

Thank you. I was focused too tightly!

Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
for Hilo, Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
36,683 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Top Questions

Good question, glad you raised it!

Any Top Questions in the island subforums like this one were done by prior DEʻs or DEʻs for other islands. The Island of Hawaiʻi DEʻs have opted to use the island level forum only. As itʻs rather time-intensive to make the Top Questions, and we canʻt just copy them from forum to forum with a click, it will likely stay that way.

I only wish we could do a question and then select one or more forums where it will appear. That would be wonderful.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
25,971 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Top Questions

KK, you're right. It's too bad that we can't select more than one forum for a Top Question with just a click or two.

It is time consuming.

Because The Honolulu forum gets a lot of use, I've linked Traveler Articles to the Oahu forum & Honolulu forum To Questions. But it is too time consuming to link them together on most sub forums.

5. Re: Top Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, May 08, 2014