We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vista Waikoloa

New York
Level Contributor
123 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Vista Waikoloa

Located this complex on an internet search. The rental is being offered by Waikoloa Vacation Rentals. They offer the rental without a cleaning fee, which is appealing. From what i could figure out, this seems to be an older complex. Is anyone familiar with it?

Also I was wondering if anyone could tell me when a reviewer reviews a particular unit in a condo complex on TA, how would I go about finding that unit to rent?

Thanks for helping me figure this out!

Greecebound

Canandaigua, New...
Level Contributor
2,052 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vista Waikoloa

In answer to your reviewer question.. if the review is on TA there is a place under the review ( a link) where you can ask directly your question to the person who posted. Just ask them directly what link our source they used to book said unit.

Edited: 10:21 pm, April 10, 2013
Honokaa, Hawaii
Level Contributor
393 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vista Waikoloa

We have neighbors who bought a unit there. I believe it is one of the original condo complexes in Waikaloa Beach. Seems to be pretty well kept up. I guess some people like that sort of thing.

Canada
Level Contributor
9,167 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vista Waikoloa

The Vista is a lovely complex located in the heart of South Kohala's Waikoloa Beach Resort.

The property was completed in 1991, designed by a renowned Japanese Architect.The units feature a spacious layout, high ceilings and extremely large Lanai.

http://www.formpartners.com/project.php?id=9

The 3rd floor units afford a lovely ocean view.....especially those facing a westerly direction.....Buildings A, B, C, D, E for example.

The pool is heated which is not commonly seen at all of the condo or Hotel properties. The Vista is located within walking distance to a variety of restaurants and shops..... Plus the beach.

The property is popular with return visitors. Recommend you choose one of the remodeled units for a new kitchen, appliances, decor etc.....

Edited: 10:52 pm, April 10, 2013
haines, alaska
Destination Expert
for Haines
Level Contributor
7,067 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vista Waikoloa

Also look at a map on the complex........try to pick a condo which overlooks the golf course, instead of the road.........the corner units have lovely wrap around decks (lanais) that are larger than the other units.......

The units are well insulated, you don't hear your neighbors.......you do have to walk up stairs, no elevators......the grounds and pool are meticulously maintained......

Each unit is decorated differently.......make sure you know which unit your are renting.....we rent directly from the owner through VRBO whenever we travel anywhere, just to make sure........

vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/…vista-waikoloa

Canada
Level Contributor
9,167 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vista Waikoloa

Just to clarify...there are elevators in each 3 story building at Vista Waikoloa....Those with mobility issues are able to rent a unit on any floor.

If you choose to forego an oceanview ( Top floors Buildings A,B, C predominately).....the golf course views are most lovely.

The construction of the buildings are a rare find....concrete...6 inch thick floors and 8 inch thick concrete walls.As a previous poster points out they are definitely soundproof. In keeping with this construction, the units bordering Waikoloa beach drive and facing the Ocean are actually quite pleasant.

Do hold out for a remodelled unit though...there are many that are rather dated, but a good number have been re-done....a couple which are stunning.

Big Island, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
26,199 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vista Waikoloa

Definitely take the advice below to go directly to vrbo and choose a specific unit carefully. We had a foreclosure sale there a while back and it was really unappealing and dated, but I've seen some lovely remodels in the same complex. I'm personally not crazy about the location or the styling, for the price I'd pick a Palm Villas unit at the ML every time, but YMMV.

Kitimat, BC
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vista Waikoloa

We have stayed at Vista Waikoloa twice in two different units and loved both of them. We booked through Abbey Vacation Rentals and were wonderful to deal with. The units and grounds are very well maintained, the location can't be beat and the size of the lanais are great. I don't think you will be disappointed with this complex.

8. Re: Vista Waikoloa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, April 19, 2014