We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant at Kona Airport

Which Kailua-Kona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ksv
Minnesota
Level Contributor
13 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant at Kona Airport

Hi All, We are flying out of Kona at 8:30 tonight, but need to return our car by 5:00 PM. I'm hoping there is a restaurant at the airport, but I don't recall seeing one when we flew in.

Thanks!

Kristin

Big Island, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
25,527 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant at Kona Airport

There is, but it's pretty awful.

LA
Level Contributor
9,326 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant at Kona Airport

Yes there is one,

That's all I'm going to say.

Big Island, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
25,527 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant at Kona Airport

I would drop the car, check in and check your bags, and take a cab next door to the Four Seasons for dinner. Cabbing back from there around 7pm will leave you plenty of time.

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
133 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant at Kona Airport

i can say something positive ... it has air conditioning! :)

Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
for Hilo, Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
37,436 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant at Kona Airport

It's really bad and incredibly overpriced. The word restaurant overstates what it offers. If the cab idea is too much money for you, then eat first somewhere else. Four Seasons is great.

You are only turning in car about 1 1/2 hours earlier than you need to. I would be tempted to check out the penalty for an extra hour and compare it to cab costs. KOA is not a comfortable place to sit around for two hours.

Whatever you do, don't have a meal at that awful spot when you could eat earlier at a nice place.

Canada
Level Contributor
9,060 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant at Kona Airport

Definitely look into returning the vehicle 90 mins later.Call them locally....(808) number

hawaii.gov/koa/…car-rentals

I would be surprised if the charge is a significant amount. You get a 29 min over"grace period" as it is..(used to be 59mins)....It would be worth the price alone of having a tasty meal elsewhere...not to mention a pleasant atmosphere for that last island meal.

7. Re: Restaurant at Kona Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 02, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Kailua-Kona