We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kailua-kona vs Waikoloa......

San Francisco
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Kailua-kona vs Waikoloa......

Hi, we are a group of 4 going to BI in mid Oct for 6 nites. Will fly into Kona and drive to Hilo. Staying 2 nites in Volcano village. Then drive back to Kona for the rest. Now we are torn between where to stay in Kona.

Kailua(condo, causal dinning, grocery shopping but no beach). Waikoloa(beautiful beach, snorkeling, but expensive dining out every meal)

Is Kailua a good central location for us to explore Kona? We are appreciate any suggestion!! Thanks.

Bondi NSW Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Kailua-kona vs Waikoloa......

We are travelling to Kona in December, I have never been to Kona before and I cant decide wether to stay at kailua or Waikoloa, can some one please tell me where the best place to stay. There is myself, husband and children 20 and 17.

Big Island, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
27,913 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Kailua-kona vs Waikoloa......

Elizabeth, please start your own topic. But first read through the Top Questions on the right hand side of the main Island of Hawaii forum.

When asking about accommodations, a nightly accommodation budget is always helpful.

Canada
Level Contributor
9,267 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Kailua-kona vs Waikoloa......

Welcome to Trip Advisor Elizabeth.

Your question is one that is commonly asked...as it presents a dilemma to many that are planning that first visit to the Big Island.

Jump over to the Island of Hawaii forum...and look to the top right section "Top Questions".There is a link there about choosing Kailua-Kona vs South Kohala. This link supplies a wealth of information and will provide a good amount of reading to assist you with your decision.

14. Re: Kailua-kona vs Waikoloa......

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, May 10, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Kailua-Kona