We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Four Seasons Hualalai

New Zealand
Level Contributor
54 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Four Seasons Hualalai

Hi, I am booking a few nights at the Four Seasons and I would like to know if anyone can tell us whether the Ocean Front rooms are exceptionally different to the Golf View rooms (apart from the location of the Ocean Front rooms). There is quite a price difference, as expected, but I wonder if I would be better spending this money on amenities at the resort rather than on the room.

Many thanks.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
4,027 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Four Seasons Hualalai

Nope you are paying for the location.

Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
for Hilo, Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
38,161 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Four Seasons Hualalai

PM SheaG ... she has stayed in a variety of the rooms.

She is on vacation and posting less frequently than usual with intermittent internet access.

Canada
Level Contributor
9,168 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Four Seasons Hualalai

Location...Location..Location....

The roughly 11 categories of guest rooms at 4 S are all 635 sq ft.....and are priced according to location. There are some variations with some of the ground floor units and outdoor Lava showers....

The room/suite/villas categories just climb from there..jumping in sq footage from 1,200 sq ft......to 5,550 sq ft deluxe Oceanfront villa.

Value added prices are all relative......is the extra charge worth it? It is an individual thing.....

Is there a huge $$$ spread between the two categories you are considering? One must remember that even with a room not situated on the "front line".... Access to the resort is available ...with full enjoyment.

Such decisions....

Enjoy 4 S Hualalai.....It is a stunning property that never ceases to wow....

New Zealand
Level Contributor
54 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Four Seasons Hualalai

Perfect, thank you so much. I think we will spend the difference in room cost on resort activities. I appreciate your help.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
54 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Four Seasons Hualalai

Thanks for taking the time.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
54 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Four Seasons Hualalai

Thank you for taking the time.

Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
for Hilo, Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
38,161 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Four Seasons Hualalai

Yay Wanderlust!

Aside from that decision, I gather there are some pros and cons re proximity to pools or not, having an outdoor shower or not, stuff I have seen Shea talk about in detail and is here somewhere.

You can search around for Four Seasons posts using the search box for the Island of Hawai'i forum. (The K-K forum is more restrictive so fewer results.)

New Zealand
Level Contributor
54 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Four Seasons Hualalai

Great, thanks so much. Best wishes.

Big Island, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
26,695 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Four Seasons Hualalai

While the oceanfront rooms are pretty great for the views, I actually really like the location of the Golf Ocean View rooms, and they do have distant ocean views across the 18th hole and fish ponds and wetlands. The resort isn't huge, so it's easy to walk to everything no matter where you're staying. Request an upstairs room for better ocean views, downstairs for the lovely outdoor lava rock shower. As Wanderlust said, all the rooms at the FS are essentially identical inside except for the views and location.

Tip though, if you book with a FS Preferred Partner, you can get a free upgrade subject to availability and some other perks, usually breakfast, etc., and those perks can be combined with other specials the hotel may be offering, like Stay 4, pay for 3, or a resort credit. You can either find a FSPP agent or book online with an FSPP, I use whatahotel.com.

oklahoma city
Level Contributor
1,281 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Four Seasons Hualalai

I love the golf view rooms, they are close to the lobby, close to the golf course(duh!) and not far from the pool. Location in the resort doesn't determine whether you have an outdoor shower or not, that is determined by whether you are upstairs(no outdoor shower) or downstaris(outdoor shower). Another bonus of the golf view rooms, there are parking places right in front of the rooms so you can park your car and not have to mess with valet every time you go somewhere.

Get answers to your questions about Kailua-Kona