We booked a trip in February and have been very excited as we always have been going to Mexico and the Caribbean for years..So this is something different although I am not looking forward to the flights :) I have a few questions and am looking for some honest feedback.
- I understand the Kona airport is very busy and the waiting area is outside. We have a very long flight - so does this mean we will be waiting in the heat for our departure with throngs of people ? Nice and sweaty before we get on the plane ?
- Vog ? what the heck is vog.....and will we be affected
- FYI. We are staying at the courtyard Marriott when we arrive for a few days then staying the Marriott Beach Resort for many days after. Are those good choices ? I am also thinking about the Sheraton ? Thoughts.
- We plan on getting in 4 games of golf
- We will be renting a car - is it worth it to drive to Hilo for a day ?
- I admit I did not know that the entire Island was lava rock as I thought there was a little tropical feel ? Will we still enjoy it - please say yes !
- Anything, anything else you can add and help us out with
- We are simply looking for a relaxed vacation - we enjoy golfing just as much as we enjoy sitting on our balcony and enjoying a view with a cocktail or 10.
Thanks very much.