We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilo Hattie's & Maui Divers

USA
Level Contributor
398 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Hilo Hattie's & Maui Divers

What do you locals think of Hilo Hattie's and Maui Divers? I've bought some very pretty jewelry at Maui Divers and I think Hilo Hattie's is fun.

Mentioned in this post
Hilo
Hilo
Island of Hawaii, HI
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
Island of Hawaii...
Level Contributor
7,943 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hilo Hattie's & Maui Divers

Hilo Hattie's used to be a typical tourist trap store until they started catering to locals too by carrying local brands a few years ago. The local women buy jewelry at places like Hawaiian Heritage Jewelry.

Mentioned in this post
Hilo
Hilo
Island of Hawaii, HI
USA
Level Contributor
398 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hilo Hattie's & Maui Divers

Does Hawaiian Heritage Jewelry have better prices and a larger selection?

Island of Hawaii...
Level Contributor
7,943 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hilo Hattie's & Maui Divers

Since I am not an expert on this, I had to call my wife. She said their inventory is the same but the the Heritage has better prices. (I should know this! I am paying the bills!) :)

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
25,122 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hilo Hattie's & Maui Divers

I've kept all the cheap shell lei I've gotten from HH over the years and use them instead of ribbon with gift wrappings.

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
25,122 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hilo Hattie's & Maui Divers

I've kept all the cheap shell lei I've gotten from HH over the years and use them instead of ribbon with gift wrappings.

Ontario
Level Contributor
477 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Hilo Hattie's & Maui Divers

Aloha! Where is Hawaiian Heritage Jewelry? We will be there in a few days (YAY!) AND I ALWAYS buy jewelry when in Hawaii.

Mentioned in this post
Hawaii
Hawaii
United States
Rochester Hills, MI
Level Contributor
182 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Hilo Hattie's & Maui Divers

I would love to know where it is as well!

Mu husband bought me a beautiful plumeria and diamond necklace for my birthday at NaHoku (www.nahoku.com/) but i am always on the look out for beautiful hawaiian jewelry!

Ontario
Level Contributor
477 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Hilo Hattie's & Maui Divers

Aloha! I also have a beautiful gold plumeria necklace that we purchased several trips ago. On our last trip, we bought a new wedding band for me (gorgeous) at nahoku and then had the diamond taken from my engagement ring (when we got back home) and put into the plumeria necklace. It is incredibly beautiful now.

I have two other rings, two bracelets, two sets of earrings, two anklets and three toe rings that were all bought in Hawaii. I never take any of them off.

I am not sure what to buy this time. :)

3 sleeps before we arrive!

Mentioned in this post
Hawaii
Hawaii
United States
USA
Level Contributor
398 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hilo Hattie's & Maui Divers

I will look in the Kona phone book for the Hawaiian Heritage Jewelry location. Are there other jewelry stores you would recommend? How about stores selling Hawaiian artwork?

Mentioned in this post
Kailua-Kona
Kailua-Kona
Island of Hawaii, HI
California
Level Contributor
1,787 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Hilo Hattie's & Maui Divers

Hilo Hattie has some nice stuff, but is definitely expensive and over priced!, especially the clothes. The same for Na Hoku. Hawaiian Heritage Jewelry has the best prices as far as Hawaiian jewelry. Not sure if there's one on the Big Island, but there's a few locations on Oahu.

Mentioned in this post
Hilo
Hilo
Island of Hawaii, HI
Oahu
Oahu
Hawaii
Get answers to your questions about Kailua-Kona