We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a nice Bed & Breakfast in Capt. Cook area

Which Kailua-Kona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new york
8 posts
Save Topic
Looking for a nice Bed & Breakfast in Capt. Cook area

Any recommendations for Bed & Breakfasts in the Captain Cook area?

Keno, OR
Level Contributor
412 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a nice Bed & Breakfast in Capt. Cook area

The Cedar House is lovely, has great breakfasts, and their Coffee cottage is pretty cute--very private and comfy, if not all that new. The resident cat visits the lanai every morning and peeks in the sliding glass door. You can see the ocean, the grounds are lovely and lush, the neighborhood is quiet, and their homegrown coffee is excellent!

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
9 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a nice Bed & Breakfast in Capt. Cook area

We stayed at Cedar House 4 years ago and I agree it's very nice, but...

a better deal and more fun and better weather (lower elevation = less fog/mist/rain) is Aloha Farms B&B in Honaunau. This place is really fun. We just stayed there a few weeks ago (Jan 2006). Roger the owner is the friendliest person you can imagine. The rooms are all in the main house. They are clean, comfortable, and simple with private baths. The house has a big lanai with a gorgeous view out to the ocean. Some of the rooms also have a private lanai looking out on the farm. (The property is a lush hillside 5-acre macadamia nut, coffee, and tropical fruit farm.) Roger will gladly lend you snorkeling equipment (Place of Refuge is very close by). We were lucky and had great and interesting fellow guests, which is important in a place like this where everyone is pretty close together. Breakfasts were good too! Have fun - I miss Hawaii already.

Keno, OR
Level Contributor
412 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a nice Bed & Breakfast in Capt. Cook area

We stayed at the Cedar House in December, '04, and enjoyed the higher elevation because the nights were cool--easier to sleep if the place doesn't have A/C. We didn't meet the other guests, because we had our own cottage, which is my preference when traveling--I work with people continuously, and love having a little privacy and quiet when traveling, if possible. The main house at Cedar House does have rooms that rent individually, and those folks do have breakfast together in the mornings (which can be fun if the other guests are interesting), but at the Coffee Cottage the owners delivered breakfast fruits and breads to our lanai early every morning, and we just picked it up, and ate, on our own schedule. The kitty usually joined us--she was a real cutie!