We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

luau

North bay ON
2 posts
Save Topic
luau

My family will be visiting the BI (Kona) on March 4-18. I have 2 daughters age 9 and 6 that have there hearts set on going to a luau. They want to see fire dancers and hula dancers just like in the movie LILO AND STITCH. My husband and I are interested in a luau that would serve authentic and good food. I have been told that there are no more authentic luaus! Any suggestions.

Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
11,440 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: luau

wrong...... There several in Hawaii....froom 90 to 65 a PERSON.

Kona is the best.....island breeze or royal kona

Royal Kona is the best... votes 2 in the islands....all islands.

all are production shows.... There Are lots of good shows........

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
278 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: luau

I would agree with choosing the one at the Royal Kona Resort - good entertainment and food. I especially lovge the fact that the background to the show are the waves crashing on the lava rocks - really nice to see and hear at night.

If this does not work out there is also one at the King Kamehameha.

Aloha

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,608 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: luau

I went a few years ago to the Island Breeze luau at the King Kam hotel. I liked it.

Some people on this board will disagree, I think ... but the show was great fun, and we had good seats. (Yes, they have the fire dancers -- and this was my favorite part :)

As for the food, it's okay. I don't particularly care for lau lau, chicken long rice, lomi salmon, poi and other things that are sometimes served at luaus. You may not, either, as it is quite different from what I eat on a regular basis. But it's interesting :).

Kona Village is supposed to have the best luau ... they also have fire dancers, I think. Costs about $20 more/person than King Kam.