We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

condos

Which Kailua-Kona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
colorado
Level Contributor
290 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
condos

I am having a VERY difficult time decideing where to stay on the big island. I have never been there. I am looking at condos in the Kona area. Does anyone have any suggestiosn. I would love to have a good close ocean view if possible? I have looked on web at Keauhou Gardens and Sea Village both look good. Anyone know anthing about these?

Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
11,440 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: condos

While God and Hawaiidan do converse it is only in prayer ( I hope) last year the sand was in at Magic sands.......God wiling.....

This little condo is uunique in tha it has a park on either end and feels sort of special, has a restrauraunt on it that is very good and is on a surf-beach

In honesty, you are trying to better your hand at the expence of the experience...by looking at over 30 condos you are only defeating your goal..........more is not better.

colorado
Level Contributor
290 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: condos

it looks to me like magic sands has only studio rooms. we need at least one bedroom preferable two. We are on a girls trip and would like our own beds! Any other suggestions??

Thanks.

Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
11,440 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: condos

this in a safe area.....if on a girls trip I would suggest not a condo but a a full service hotel which has security and service..

You get what you pay for.....and when you whittle down things to the lowest price you give up stuff along the way.....

Each tier you go down means you loose somthing.. the question is what are you willing to live with ????

sorry to say bucks buys quality and fun... doing stuuff on the cheap is a crap shoot....as to what you get and experience.

it is up to you.....

Washington State
Level Contributor
1,163 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: condos

I stayed at Hale Kona Kai, unit 307, you can read the reviews of this complex, everyone loved it. the owner, if you can go through her direct, will give you a discount. there are some pics on the website, but they don't do it justice and the view is indescribable. try to get one of the corner units, like 412 if you can or 413. do a google, and VRBO, you will be able to see more. it is off the road, quieter, and a short walk to the main areas. we had one bedroom, the ocean was directly below. I loved it and in April I got it for 118 a night. a steal with the 10% discount the owner gave me.

Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
11,440 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: condos

they just started major construction across the street from Kona Kai... cut down all the trees and jack hammering up concrete for the whole 1/2 block. The street in front of Kona Kai is a one lane road not a regular street..... not sure what they are building I think more condos.... expect construction

colorado
Level Contributor
290 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: condos

Hale kona kai looks great! Thanks for the tip. I have emailed to see if have availability. Wish they had two bedrooms? Anyone know of any similiar right on the ocean with two bedrooms? I am being picky aren't I?? Just think we may need our own "space". That's why not doing a hotel room. Need space and would like to be able to cook some meals, at least breakfast and lunch.

Thanks for all the helpful info everyone!! Keep it coming!! This is fun!

Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
11,440 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: condos

What you describe iis Kona by the Sea a resort quest condo......with full service daily......when you rent from an owner off island you get what you pay for...... is price worth the no-service, and a crap-shoot in quality. some are great, some are pocket-mines for greedy owners.

San Diego
7 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: condos

Hello there,

I am not sure if you still needed an answer, but I thought that I would still reply. We were on the Big Island from Dec 16 to Dec 27. We rented a condo at Keauhou Kona Surf and Racquet Club. We rented ttorugh West Hawaii Property Services:

konarentals.com/condounits/…index.html

The condo was perfect! We have also stayed at Sea Village, but we experince bugs and not very clean units.

Hope this helps!

San Diego
7 posts
Save Reply
19. Re: condos

Hello again,

I forgot to tell you that we stayed in unit 5302 at the Surf and Racquet Club!

Bend, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,115 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: condos

We stayed at Casa de Emdeko for our third visit Nov 2005 for 16 days. We stayed in Unit 305, rented direct from the owner.It was small but very adequate, full bedroom, and stunning view of the ocean from the balcony. Very quiet, we would certainly stay there again. Prior to this visit we had stayed on the ground floor of the complex, which were wonderful too. We walked daily to Kailua-Kona about 2 miles. We personally love Casa de Emdeko and are planning our next visit for there.