We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Four Seasons Pricing

Frederick, Maryland
Level Contributor
81 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Four Seasons Pricing

Hi all!

We will be on the Big Island October 21-26. (I finalized the frequent flyer award tickets yesterday!).

I plan to stay at the Four Seasons Hualalai. They are currently not showing availability for the golf-ocean view rooms. (While I don't mind paying for luxury, I also want to spend some bucks at the spa and restaurants ;) )

Is this something normal? Do the golf-ocean view rooms become available later in the year? Will I get the best deal now, or should I wait to book? I noticed that the "Fifth night free" promotion for the fall months did not start this year until August. Is that typical?

Thanks for any help at all with booking information for this hotel.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Four Seasons Pricing

I just booked at the four seasons for July. As I understand it, there are only a few golf-view rooms. The rest of the rooms surrounding the 18th whole are residences. There was no fifth (I thought it was sixth) night free promotion for us either.

Enjoy!

Salt Lake City/Utah
Level Contributor
41 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Four Seasons Pricing

I believe, based on experience, that most of the golf/ocean view units are controlled by wholesalers like Classic Hawaiian and Pleasant Hawaiian. I have booked a golf/ocean view unit through Pleasant when the resort was showing no availability. Also, the Four Seasons typically does not offer Fifth Night Free that time of year but may offer 6th or 7th night free. I would not wait to book since the resort often runs at capacity or near capacity. Have fun--you will love it.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
2,171 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Four Seasons Pricing

Also try Great Hawaii Vacations.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
1,229 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Four Seasons Pricing

Have you called them direct or just checked online? I'd call them and see what they have to say. We stayed for a few nites in May. We were given a room on the pond you can snorkel in. It was set back and had plenty of landscaping around so we didn't feel like we were on display. Some ground floor rooms are right on the path ways. Also, loved the outdoor shower! So did the geckos!

Frederick, Maryland
Level Contributor
81 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Four Seasons Pricing

Thanks for the good ideas! I'll call them directly and try Gret Hawaii Vacations.

Level Contributor
24 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Four Seasons Pricing

I just came back from the Four Seasons, Hualalai and had an oceanfront room and I can't tell you how spectacular it was. It is a great place to relax and the view from our room was incredible. I know it's hard to splurge but if possible, we thought it was well worth the money. Whether in our room or out, every moment was filled with crashing waves.....the resort is fantastic...

Enjoy

Frederick, Maryland
Level Contributor
81 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Four Seasons Pricing

Great to hear it, Tara! We booked late last week - five nights at the Four Seasons Hualalai, then five nights at the Grand Hyatt Kauai. Found a great deal through Great Hawaii Vacations, so it makes splurging a little easier.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
2,171 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Four Seasons Pricing

Hey Bill,

Glad you found a deal through Great Hawaii Vacations. We used them for our trip to the BI as well and were impressed with their prices and service.

Edina, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
4,082 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Four Seasons Pricing

We also just got back from the BI at the Four Seasons Hualalai. This was our 3rd stay there and it truely is the best resort in the islands. Whatever you ask for, they make it possible. The rooms are outstanding (regardless of the view all the standard rooms are the same, with lots of space, and those stunning bathrooms - outdoor lava shower on the ground floor rooms). If you are not in a golf view room, I recommend the Palm Grove Cresent rooms. They are the quietest area, and overlook a small dipping pool and a beautiful natural fish pond. You can sit out on your lanai, and not hear anything but the waves and the birds.

Check out the Lava Lounge bar over the Pahui'a restaurant. Great martinis to go with the great view. And you can eat a delicious meal of appetizers for a light dinner while enjoying the view. But make sure you get AT LEAST one night at Pahui'a and enjoy outstanding food just a very short distance from the ocean. And save room for one of their delicious dessert souffles (a different flavor every night, or pre-order your favorite flavor 24 hours in advance).

And you are smart to save money and time for the outstanding spa. They have a wonderful outside massage area, lap pool, great exercise equipment (each with it's own LCD TV), good exercise classes (you have to work off those souffles), and outstanding outside spa facilities (steam, sauna, whirlpool, cold plunge pool, and outdoor showers).

You will have a wonderful time! We are going back for our 25th wedding anniversary in January 2007.

Get answers to your questions about Kailua-Kona