We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Helicopter Tours = Kona

Which Kailua-Kona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco, CA
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Helicopter Tours = Kona

Gosh - hate to ask this question given the previous posts about the lastes helicopter tour accident, but here goes... Has anyone taken the Paradise Helicopter tour out of Kona that takes you to a waterfall for lunch? Sounds great, but very pricey.

Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
11,440 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Helicopter Tours = Kona

Yes...... you get almost 2 hours of flying, and an hour on the ground as I remember....... They use a Bell 207, .

It is the only helo tour with a landing and a swim in the 3 hour tour. The waterfall and pools are cool and the water free ot critters than can dwell in jungle pools.

in reference to safety, Kauai has almost 2 to 1 the incident number as the others...... its also the most weather intensive.

San Francisco, CA
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Helicopter Tours = Kona

So would you recommend as one of those "once in a lifetime" and just spend the money?

Thanks for the info about Kauai incident rates.

CA
14 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Helicopter Tours = Kona

I was considering Safari Helicopters for a tour out of Hilo and haven't seen anyone post in regard to them.

Has anyone had experience with Safar?

Thanks,

Greer

Tulsa
Level Contributor
189 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Helicopter Tours = Kona

Does Paradise have a website? I googled them and am not seeing a direct website for them.

Thanks

Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
11,440 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Helicopter Tours = Kona

Try paradisehelicopters.com....and they are in the phone book

These are the only circle island helos all cut across the saddle and miss the lower 1/3 of the island

Safari only does short hausl 40 min to the volcano... for the price not worth it. Safari is way down the list in my opinion.

Tulsa
Level Contributor
189 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Helicopter Tours = Kona

Thanks Hawaiidan. Do you think the tour with the stop at the waterfall is worth the money?

Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
11,440 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Helicopter Tours = Kona

Well, you cant do it anyother place in Hawaii to my knowlwdge... and to sit for hour and swim in a waterfall pool with a picknick is worth a lot 4 hours I think the tour is...

Regular helo tours of 2 hours run to 490 @

Get answers to your questions about Kailua-Kona