We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Feedback on Belle Vue Kona B&B

Which Kailua-Kona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Austin, TX
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Feedback on Belle Vue Kona B&B

We are a family of 4 (2 adults + 2 children) visiting the big island in July for the 1st time. I have a few questions:

1. We are planning on staying at the "Belle Vue Kona B&B" in Captain Cook. Anybody stayed at this B&B before? How good is this B&B? They claim to have a good view of the ocean.

2. We will be staying for 4 days. What are some of the must-see, must-do things on this island? I love nature, photography, hiking, snorkelling. My kids love the beach, of course.

3. Will I be able to visit the volcanoes natl park in a day and be back by evening?

4. Any recommendations for scenic drives around the island?

Thanks

Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
11,440 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Feedback on Belle Vue Kona B&B

Aloha.....

Sorry but I dont know of this B&B...there hundreds in Capt Cook.......everyone has an ocean view that is no big thing..it may be from 4 miles away from any water or more You could do far better in the Kona area like the outrigger which is on a great snorkel beach

In july expect Austin like temps and humidity with daily rain in Capt Cook.

You will be staying about 20 miles south of Kona and 15 south of Keauhou where all the restauraunts and beaches are. SOrt of out there.....

It is all lava coast in the area but you are near to Capt COOK BAY.... a marine reserve with no beach just bolders but great snorkeling....the best. all the trips to this bay leave 15 miles north of you the best being Dolphin discoveries which is a half day with snorkel in cooks and dolphin encounters......

If you leave by 6 am you will have 6 hours in the park and area to get back by 9 pm or later counting meals. and have no time on the eastern shore with its waterfalls. and rugged coast THE DRIVE WILLBE SOME 270 MILES AND EXPECT TO AVG. 30 MILES AN HOUR it is all 2 lane and 55 or lower speed and is very..very enforced

It will be a mad rush.....better to stay in Volcano for a day or 2 this a big park this is where you can hike, explore your brains out....look at the nps web site and under Hawaiian volcanoes.

drives are based on your interest and in the short time you have here....get an air tour of the island, not a helo, but a fixed wing that takes almost 2 hours to fly aroung Hawaii......we are the Texas of the ISLANDS.

figure a week to 10 days to hit the highlights ....not in depth either.

carmel
Level Contributor
609 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Feedback on Belle Vue Kona B&B

Aloha Tex, I was in Austin last July and 3 years ago I was in Capt. Cook in July. Believe me there are no similarities. Volcano is a good place to stay to see the park. You kids will love it as did mine. Yes you will be able to see the park and be back by eve.

Get answers to your questions about Kailua-Kona