We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Activities in Kona--11/5-11/9

Which Kailua-Kona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Asheville, North...
3 posts
Save Topic
Activities in Kona--11/5-11/9

My friend and I are bound for Kona this week and need some more suggestions on fun things to do while in Kona. Also, how is the nightlife?

HI
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Activities in Kona--11/5-11/9

Hot Lava band is fun at On the Rocks, beside Huggo's Friday Night. If you are younger you can head across the St. to Lulu's later.

Chesterfield, Mich.
Level Contributor
3,579 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Activities in Kona--11/5-11/9

OK, this is a "do not miss". Five miles south of the Kona airport there is a marina. A company called Manta Ray Dives Hawaii is located there. They do night dives, snorkel and scuba. My husband did it in February of this year and hasn't stopped talking about it yet! He did the snorkel as you need to be certified in scuba to do the scuba. It is very safe and very organized. You do not go far out from shore. He LOVED it! He also paid for the dvd/cd of the experience, and shows it to everyone who comes to our house.

The number to call is 1-800-982-6747 for reservation. Call them before you leave on your trip. The owner's name is Mark. The Manta Rays are harmless so don't worry about that.

Hope you have a wonderful trip and get to do the Manta Dive.