We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seav Village in Kona

Oregon
Level Contributor
53 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Seav Village in Kona

My brother is letting us use his points at the Sea Village in Kona. We received a notice from the resort that they are doing extensive remolding to the yards, etc. Has anyone stayed there recently? How torn up is it? Do you know the condition of the time share rooms?

Thanks for any info you may have. We can't cancel at the time, but figure it's better to be informed.

Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
11,440 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seav Village in Kona

the condos have a very small grounds area... but it is an older wood frame building with a few problems inherent to wood water and critters.

Its view is however pretty nice

I had no idea they had time share rooms.... Ill drive that way however and let you know.... but from the street it is not bad

Oregon
Level Contributor
53 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seav Village in Kona

Thank you so much! It's a Vacation Internationale property. We are aware that it is older, but are hoping it's clean! Figure we won't be spending much time in the rooms anyway.

We also have reservations to the Island Breeze Luau at the Royal Resort. What do you know about that? My parents and all my sibs and family are going and parents paid for this for everyone. So.....we can't change it, but just wondering what you think of it.

Thanks!

Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
11,440 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seav Village in Kona

its at the King Kam hotel... get there early like 4:30 as parking is a hassel

The Royal Kona hotel has a Luau, which is a bit nicer

Oregon
Level Contributor
53 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seav Village in Kona

Thanks!

Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
for Hilo, Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
38,161 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seav Village in Kona

cmock,

this isn't what you want to hear about the lu'au, but all I've ever heard about the King Kam lu'au is that it's cheesey and the food is bad. But since you've already paid for it, then go with the mindset that you don't expect an authentic lu'au and you can enjoy a little cheese.

In other words, enjoy it for what it's worth in entertainment and in the company of family you should have fun -- even though it's not the best lu'au.

Parking in that part of Kona is indeed crunched. We tried to go out to eat on a recent Monday and it was crazy trying to park. So like Dan said, go early and you might resign yourself to paying for parking.

Oregon
Level Contributor
53 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Seav Village in Kona

Thank you so much! I always feel better forewarned!

oregon
Level Contributor
1,359 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Seav Village in Kona

We are Vi owners and always stay at Sea Village. It's really a nice place to stay, I've never had any complaints. We are heading there In May and I'm a little concerned about the remodeling also. Apparently, its quite extensive, including the siding and balconies. I figure they are starting at one end of the complex and working their way to the other end. (I hope they started with the South end, as I like staying at the North end of the buildings) I figure we will just deal with whatever happens. As long as the pool & jacuzzi are open we'll be happy.

Island of Hawaii...
Level Contributor
7,943 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Seav Village in Kona

The tennis court is being used a storage area for the construction, so there really is not much mess there. However, don't expect to play tennis. :)

oregon
Level Contributor
1,359 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Seav Village in Kona

Actually if you do play tennis they have it set up where you can borrow a court from a different condo. They would have the information there at the VI office.

Island of Hawaii...
Level Contributor
7,943 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Seav Village in Kona

That must be the Kona Makai, two doors South. Two really nice courts, be glad you can't play at the Sea Village! :)

Get answers to your questions about Kailua-Kona