We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beware*** “Hawaii Travel Network”*** Beware

Surrey
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Beware*** “Hawaii Travel Network”*** Beware

I f you are thinking of using this company,

THEN THINK AGAIN!!!!

After booking a holiday in Hawaii for April 07, I decided to book some tours in advance.

I found the Hawaii Travel Network site and thought “this looks like a good idea”

I was impressed by their claims of being cheaper then anyone else and also impressed that they stated that no money would be charged to my credit card until the booking had been confirmed and vouchers sent out. And finally their “hassle-free cancellation policy” should you change your mind.

I proceeded to book a total of 3 tours over the next couple of days, and I received email confirmation that they were processing my order, and that they would only debit my card when they were ready to send me the vouchers. A week passed and I heard nothing, then I received my credit card statement and noticed that my account had been debited for the 3 tours on the same days I had booked them.

I was very surprised by this and emailed them to ask were my vouchers were, but got no reply. I then checked out HTN on various sites and found quite a bit of negative feedback. It was at this stage, that I decided that I no longer wanted to deal with this company. I then sent them an email asking to cancel my bookings and to refund my payments. I got no reply. So I sent a further email saying that if I did not get a refund in the next 48 hours, that I would instruct my credit card company to reclaim the payments, and that I would leave them very bad feedback was ever I could.

This produced a response of how sorry they were and that they had processed the refund and confirmed the bookings cancelled. They claimed I would be credited max 7 days.

2 weeks later and various emails from me telling them that I am going to leave the neg feedback on every relevant forum I can find, I am still out of pocket with no refund in sight. I have today instructed my credit card company to reclaim the payments, as they were taken under false pretence.

I think that this company has a serious cash flow problem and is robbing Peter to pay back Paul. I have given them every chance to make good before writing this review, but to no avail.

When I rebooked a tour direct, they were $10 cheaper than HTN, so all their advertising that they are cheaper is rubbish as well.

Make sure you do your research and homework before parting with money to these people, as I am still waiting for mine to be returned via their

“hassle-free cancellation policy”

Surrey
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Beware*** “Hawaii Travel Network”*** Beware

Since I posted this warning of not to use HTN, I have sent of various emails to the company asking when I will be refunded, and they have all been ignored. However note that if you email them with a booking off their website, not only do you get a speedy reply, they debit your credit card the same day!!

As I gave HTN every chance to make good, and was ignored, I then contacted my bank and asked them to recover the payments they had taken. I am glad to say that today I received a full refund from my bank.

The moral of this story is two fold. 1. Always make sure you use a visa card and not a debit card when making payments for anything booked.

2. Always go direct to the company and avoid brokers. I was seduced by HTN's web site claiming massive savings against going direct to the companies they dealt with.

All I can say is

USE THIS COMPANY HAWAII TRAVEL NETWORK AT YOUR PERIL

22. Re: Beware*** “Hawaii Travel Network”*** Beware

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 pm, August 20, 2009