We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sol polynesia apartments

manchester u.k.
6 posts
Save Topic
sol polynesia apartments

thinking of going to the polynesia apartments in umag in august.wouldbe grateful for any info i.e hotel resort cost of eating out drink thanks big dave.

Hertford, United...
Level Contributor
613 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sol polynesia apartments

We stayed at a hotel near to the apartments. They were generally not as attractive as those pictured in brochures etc. but there's plenty of space around them. They are well out of town. If you're not going as a family, get plenty of beer in, as it was quiet (early May). Don't expect night-life locally.

Drinks locally were about half UK prices. Restaurant prices and menus were consistent with lots of pizzas, spaghetti etc. as well as sea-food. A pizza is around £4, a side-salad about £1.

The on-site shop at the Polynesia is expensive compared with elsewhere, but there are bars and cafes and a good bakery. If you arrive late in the evening, try to bring snacks and drinks with you. Others on our transfer coach had not been able to buy anything on arrival.

I'd guess these apartments would suit families in August. There are water-sports nearby and the scenery is attractive.

UK
Level Contributor
124 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: sol polynesia apartments

Hi big dave,

we have just come back from Umag and orginally booked to stay at Sol Polynesia apartments but was very dissapointed. As the other reply mentioned there is not much to do there but there is at the other hotels nearby. We was so dissappointed that we checked out after one night and stayed at the Sol Koraji and the Sipar hotel as they were of far better standard and had entertainment every night and kids clubs. Umag is a lovely place.

Umag
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: sol polynesia apartments

Hi,

I am a girl from Umag and would be very glad to be on your disposal for any further info you may need. I would suggest you nearly renovated hotels like Sol Istra and Umag. If you are looking for appartments please write here: tasha_hr@yahoo.com.

Also, I would reccommend you to see Istrian interior...to feel the true mining of Istrian people and culture. Places like Grožnjan, Hum, Motovun...

4. Re: sol polynesia apartments

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 am, August 21, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Umag