We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do after Medjugorje

Ballybofey, Ireland
Level Contributor
270 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
What to do after Medjugorje

Hi all,

I will be in Medjugorje for one week at the beginning of October. However, I have booked my flight home to Ireland from Rome a week later.

Do you have any suggestions for what to do after my Medjugorje holiday, any interesting places nearby?

Also, does anyone have any advice on how I might get to Rome from Medjugorje ie take a flight or ferry etc?

I am a single man travelling on my own.

Thanks in advance

DB

Edited: 10:28 am, September 20, 2012
Sarajevo
Level Contributor
298 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do after Medjugorje

Relax your body and soul in Blagaj after Medjugorje. Blagaj is near Mostar.

http://bosnia-taxi.com/images/bl/photo3.jpg

There is Suffi Muslim Tekkiah (Kind of Muslim Monastery) engraved in the stone and hanging over powerfull source of the River Buna.

During October might be very hot in Medjugorje and Mostar.

Visit Blagaj, have lunch near water, very cold water of Source of Buna short River with tourquize-green colour.

Visit Pocitelj-town of fine art colony (meadiavel stone town with mosque and o'clock tower.

More info:

prvi.pipi.duga.devetka@gmail.com

@Pipi=@kostake.nenishanu

Edited: 10:55 am, September 20, 2012
Sarajevo
Level Contributor
298 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do after Medjugorje

mostar@bhairlines.ba

is the address where you can check do they have flight to Rome from Mostar, when, price,...etc.

Ballybofey, Ireland
Level Contributor
270 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do after Medjugorje

Hi thanks very much for your reply. I will check this out!

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
48,636 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do after Medjugorje

Going to the Croatian coast might be something to look into.

Mostar, Bosnia and...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: What to do after Medjugorje

Ten kilometers south of Ljubuški is waterfall Kravice. Nice place to visit.

Ballybofey, Ireland
Level Contributor
270 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What to do after Medjugorje

Hi,

I sent email to Mostar Airport but no reply :(

7. Re: What to do after Medjugorje

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:05 am, July 21, 2016
Sarajevo, Bosnia...
Level Contributor
919 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: What to do after Medjugorje

@donegalboy

Forget that replay, also to me they did not replied. Even the air company BosniaAirlines, did not replied to me.

They going to be in biiiiig troubles, very soon.

Spend your money as you want. Visit some other places in Herzegovina region, for eg. Kravica waterfall or take ''Herzegovina vine route'' tour, etc.

Flight off from Dubrovnik Airport which is closest another Airport.

Edited: 6:31 am, October 01, 2012
9. Re: What to do after Medjugorje

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, December 09, 2013