We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking in Medjugorje

Which Medjugorje hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Turin, Italy
8 posts
Save Topic
Walking in Medjugorje

Dear fellow travellers,

I am planning to bring my mother to visit the pilgrim site of Medjugorje in August this year. However, she has problem to walk too much.

I read that there is a walk of 20 minutes required to reach the St. James church. Is it difficult walk (eg. going up the hill, non-paved ways, etc). Is there a way to avoid the walk and take shuttle bus to the church?

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
1,331 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking in Medjugorje

The church is very accessible, but the walk up Apparition Hill will be difficult for her,

1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking in Medjugorje

There are plenty of taxi cabs that are reasonable, I believe it is about $6.00 American, Any where you want to go in town. Yes, cross hill and apparition hill will be difficult but there are things near the church that are accesible that she can visit.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
37,216 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking in Medjugorje

There is a parking lot right by the church so it won't be difficult to get to the church. All roads are very busy but paved so it will not be difficult to get to the church.

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walking in Medjugorje

St James church is in the middle of the village. The amount of time it takes to walk to the church will depend on where you are staying in Medjugorje - you might only be a 5 minute walk away, or you could be a 20/30 minute walk.

As your mother has difficulty walking, I do not think she will be able to climb up Apparition Hill, which is not paved, and definitely not up Cross Mountain.

The best that I think she would be able to achieve, would be to get to the base of both of these places.

There are plenty of taxis available and they have a standard fare of €5, for one to four persons, for any journey within the village and to Apparition Hill and Cross Mountain.

Mission Viejo...
Level Contributor
9 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Walking in Medjugorje

If you stay in a hotel in town it shouldn't be too difficult. I would recommemnd a wheelchair if you can manage.

6. Re: Walking in Medjugorje

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:32 am, June 13, 2013