We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walks in Semmering

Wirral, UK
Level Contributor
2 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Walks in Semmering

I was only there for 11/2 days so only two walks. For the first I caught the cable car up to Hirschenkogel (1340m) and went up the observation tower. Then I followed a made-up path to Sonnwendstein (1500m). This is quite a pull but there is a restaurant at the top. After refreshing yourself make sure you do the last 50m up to the church and vista point.

The following day I did the Bahnvanderweg which follows the railway line back from Semmering to Breitenstein. This is a lovely walk and is mostly gentle because it follows the contours of the railway. Just a few up and down bits. Its 9.5 Km but you can go even further if you wish.

There is not much to Semmering itself except for the beautiful location and the Panhans Hotel.

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
22,779 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walks in Semmering

Thank for taking the time to narrate your experiences in the Semmering area. Others will surely benefit from that.

2. Re: Walks in Semmering

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, November 21, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Semmering
More Semmering Topics