We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rental in St. Anton?

Rockville, MD
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Car rental in St. Anton?

I am hoping to visit Neuschwannstein castle on a ski-break day but won't have a car. Is there anywhere to rent for a day?

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
945 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car rental in St. Anton?

Not in St Anton, no. Also, depending on the weather and traffic it could take you a while to get there, the Fern pass does get busy and affected by snowfall. You might be able to hire a car in Landeck (further down the valley from St Anton), or collect from there or Lech, you'd have to get in touch with hire companies, or pay extra to get the car delivered to St Anton. You could look at public transport, might work out cheaper than car hire but take longer. Personally I would say there are easier to get to alternatives for a day away from the slopes which would more than I likely work out cheaper than hiring a car.

Edited: 5:03 pm, February 10, 2014
Mentioned in this post
St. Anton
St. Anton
1,387 Reviews
St. Anton am Arlberg, Austria
Lech
Lech
Vorarlberg, Austria
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
1,585 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car rental in St. Anton?

In Winter you can not get from Lech to Neuschwanstein. The road between Lech-Warth is closed!

Mentioned in this post
Lech
Lech
Vorarlberg, Austria
3. Re: Car rental in St. Anton?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, February 23, 2015
Get answers to your questions about St. Anton am Arlberg