We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer from Innsbruk Airport to St. Anton

Which St. Anton am Arlberg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fairfax, Virginia
Level Contributor
172 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Transfer from Innsbruk Airport to St. Anton

Hello!

Our honeymoon is fast approaching in March but as I am thinking about how I am going to try and pack lighter. My husband feels that we may need a transfer. Does anyone have any recommendations of services that are able to transfer us as we'll have 2 snowboards and 2 suitcases (at least)?

Also - do you think with this amount of luggage assuming 2 snowboards and 2 large(r) suitcases would be complicated if we were to take the train. I'm going to try and pack light but I'm just trying to figure it out and would like some input from those that have carried this amount of luggage on the train. Thanks.

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
20,904 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfer from Innsbruk Airport to St. Anton

If you can handle your baggage, then taking the train would be feasible. Snowboards can be stored on the overhead racks as well as in designated storage areas if you take the RailJet. From Innsbruck airport take local bus F to the main train station where all train services depart from. Times and fares can be found here: www.oebb.at/en

Purchase of train tickets in advance is not necessary, but in any case I would make a seat reservation for the train you intend to catch. With all the baggage it would not be fun finding vacant seats.

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
804 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfer from Innsbruk Airport to St. Anton

Train is easy enough as said above. Although I've never done Innsbruck-St Anton with luggage, I've done Zurich-St Anton and found that getting my board bag plus hold bag plus hand luggage (a season's worth of kit, so not light packing by a long way!) on and off the trains easy enough.

Fairfax, Virginia
Level Contributor
172 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfer from Innsbruk Airport to St. Anton

Ah, very nice! It seems like the train is the better way to go. Hopefully the transfer from Innsbruck Airport to Innsbruck Hbf won't be too bad but, I think we'll be able to manage. Thanks for the extra information on this -- quite helpful!

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
20,904 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfer from Innsbruk Airport to St. Anton

Bus transfer is easy, buses are all low-floor making it easy to board and deboard. Tickets are sold by the driver, fare around 2€.

Reservations for the train - which cost a few euro - can be done here: www.oebb.at/en - Tickets can easily be bought from ticket vending machines at the train station or from a real person in the ticket office. Of course you can also buy your ticket online together with the reservation but it is harder then to cancel it (if necessary for whatever reason) and there does not seem to exist any low fare which would be worthing buying in advance.

Fairfax, Virginia
Level Contributor
172 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transfer from Innsbruk Airport to St. Anton

Thanks for the advice. We ended up getting a EURail pass due to the long journeys we will be taking on the train so with that said looks like all we need is a reservation. Thanks for the replies and hopefully the luggage is light enough to where my husband won't start complaining :o)

Edited: 9:48 am, February 17, 2014
6. Re: Transfer from Innsbruk Airport to St. Anton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, February 19, 2015
Get answers to your questions about St. Anton am Arlberg