We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheapest Train To/From Munich

Which Ischgl hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chelmsford, United...
7 posts
Save Topic
Cheapest Train To/From Munich

Hi there,

My brother and I are flying to Munich for a couple of days on April 28th before catching a train to Landeck on the 30th for the Top of the Mountain concert and I wondered if anyone here has travelled the same way, and if so, what was the cheapest ticket that they found? I think I can get from Munich Main Station for €19 each, but the only ticket I have found for the return journey is around €50 which I cannot understand. I was looking on the OEBB website.

Thanks,

Matt

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
20,535 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheapest Train To/From Munich

Specials can only be booked 90 days in advance. Check again in February!

Chelmsford, United...
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheapest Train To/From Munich

Thank you. What are specials?

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
20,535 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheapest Train To/From Munich

= Discounted fares, savers

Chelmsford, United...
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheapest Train To/From Munich

Oh right, and you buy these online right, or is it cheaper to buy on the day? On oebb or bahn? Sorry I have never used European trains before!

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
20,535 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheapest Train To/From Munich

You have to book them in advance using the website of DeutscheBahn as the journey commences in Germany (and in the network of DB).

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
9,299 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheapest Train To/From Munich

As Mikey says wait a week as you can only buy on-line 92 days in advance. The German train operator www.bahn.de (and also the Austrian www.oebb.at) often have €19 specials available all over German/Austria. Just like Airlines when you book early get discounts. Longer you wait prices go up.

7. Re: Cheapest Train To/From Munich

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:29 am, January 26, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Ischgl