We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ischgl or st anton

leeds
Level Contributor
10 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
ischgl or st anton

i'm taking the kids shiing for the 1st time age 12 & 16. i have skiied before intremediate and the 16 when last year for the first time. where would u chose and any appartments to reccomend

thanks peter

Vienna, Austria
Level Contributor
2,397 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ischgl or st anton

Both resorts are nice and offer a lot of different slopes.

Ischgl is even more known for being a partying resort.

If you prefer it a bit more quiet (although St. Anton also offers nightlife), then choose St. Anton.

You cannot go wrong with either of these two - also as both are very sure of having enough snow during the whole winter.

Bavaria
Level Contributor
174 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ischgl or st anton

Hi Peter

Both great resorts. I find the snow conditions a little better at Ischgl, but December is early, and the sun hasn't iced up or melted the slopes at St.Anton. Ischgl is buzzing with Germans, Dutch and Austrians, but more Brits can be found at St.Anton. Slopes can be a little more tiresome at St.Anton for learners (speaking from experience!). You'll enjoy either I'm sure.

England, United...
Level Contributor
3,496 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ischgl or st anton

It's worth getting the 12 year old up to speed before he goes. 4 lessons at the snowzone should get him to be a capable standard, follow that up with a couple of open practice sessions and he will be able to ski with you around the mountains if he's generally fit and active.

I've stayed in both, I think that Ischgl is probably the better bet for your level of skiing, St Anton hasn't got the range of intermediate skiing that Ischgl has. The Ischgl website has hundreds of apartments, but we've stayed b&b there, brilliant accomodation, both times.

If you want to eat out try Cafe Salner, full of locals and ski reps, consistently good value.

Donegal
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ischgl or st anton

Sheila wants to know names of good bed and breakfasts in town and close to skiing

5. Re: ischgl or st anton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 pm, October 05, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Ischgl
Recent Conversations