We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurants

Which Ischgl hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
england
Level Contributor
306 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
restaurants

We normally take half board on ski holidays but have decided to go b and b this year and go out in the evenings. Can anyone give us a list of good restaurants (all budgets) in Ischgl. Thank you

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
279 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: restaurants

try the walser stube in mathon (2 miles from ischgl). awesome food and there is a museum on the first floor of the 400-year old farm house. it's an experience for sure!

this was our first time in ischgl/mathon and we loved it tremendously. i shall be posting some pics on my blog very soon...

http://yatrikheidi.blogspot.com

england
Level Contributor
306 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: restaurants

Thanks will try your suggestion. I would really like restaurants that we could walk to in Iscgl (so we can enjoy a glass of wine or two in the evening and not worry about driving). Any suggestions welcome.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
279 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: restaurants

i hear ya. i think there is a bus that connects ischgl with mathon - the distance is ~4km so it's literally only 5 mins.

the second restaurant in mathon was gasthof gloeckner. very yummy food there also, we much preferred the walser stube because of its ambience though.

we only had dinner downtown ischgl once (we were only there for 4 days) but i can't think of the name of the restaurant at the moment...i'll have to go through my receips when i get home from the office - i'll let you know as soon as i find it.

best wishes!

heidi

Bavaria
Level Contributor
174 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: restaurants

Hi Coogie

There are a couple of good hotel restaurants, but a great little place is next to Burger King. Can't remember the name??? but steps up to the side of the building and there is a large spiral staircase and there are 2 lovely, cosy restaurants upstairs and downstairs. Good prices, and large hearty portions. Good wines and beer. Spent many an evenings recounting the days events in here. Also, there is an American restuarant we eat at (by the Silveretta bahn on the high street) that does nice food. You'll find plenty of good places and many hotels do meals for non residents.

Also try a good, hearty meal up on the mountain late afternoon and try the Apres Ski in the Kuhlstuhl by the Silveretta bahn! Experience of a life time if you wanna dance about to Eurotrash music and match the Dutch & Germans to downing a few Willi's schnapps!

england
Level Contributor
306 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: restaurants

thanks for those suggestions will try them (shouldn't admit it but after a couple of beers I actually love Eurotrash music when on holiday!!!)

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
279 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: restaurants

ok, i checked the receipt....the name of the restaurant is 'baurakucha loba' (phone: 0544/5660).

h

england
Level Contributor
306 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: restaurants

thanks will look it up

Luxembourg
Level Contributor
5,396 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: restaurants

The Apès-ski bar next to the Silvrettabahn is the Kuhstall (cow barn)

http://www.myvideo.de/watch/964810

Luxembourg
Level Contributor
5,396 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: restaurants

Baurakucha is the local dialect for Bauernküche,

http://silvretta.ischgl.at/bauernkueche-loba/

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
279 posts