We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snow anywhere near Innsbruck in May?

Pune
Level Contributor
24 posts
33 reviews
Snow anywhere near Innsbruck in May?

I am planning to visit Innsbruck in early May 2017.

One of the activity I want to do is enjoy snow (not skiing, but to play in snow with my kid).

Since Titlis is very crowded, I am looking for alternate place. Will Ischgl have some snow on mountain and is it worth visiting in May?

If not, can you suggest some other place similar to Titlis which is nearby Innsbruck? Thanks.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
26,045 posts
78 reviews
1. Re: Snow anywhere near Innsbruck in May?

you are extremely unlikely to find snow in anywhere you can stay. however, if you are in innsbruck area you can take a trip up to the stubai glacier. alternatively you could stay in mayrhofen and take a trip to the hintertux glacier, or in kaprun / zell am see and visit the kitsteinhorn

Vienna, Austria
Level Contributor
2,027 posts
12 reviews
2. Re: Snow anywhere near Innsbruck in May?

The winter season at the Pitztal glacier also lasts until early May.

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
26,643 posts
29 reviews
3. Re: Snow anywhere near Innsbruck in May?

Stubai Glacier would be a fun day trip, just check in advance whether there are maintence works done on ropeways. There are direct buses from the center of Innsbruck to the valley staton at Mutterbergalm.

Pune
Level Contributor
24 posts
33 reviews
4. Re: Snow anywhere near Innsbruck in May?

Thank you all for your valuable input. I will keep this in mind while planning my stay...

portsmouth
Destination Expert
for Mayrhofen
Level Contributor
671 posts
91 reviews
5. Re: Snow anywhere near Innsbruck in May?

Yes try the Hintertux , if you do not stay in the valley and want to stay in Innsbruck it would take about two and a half hours to three hours to get there

6. Re: Snow anywhere near Innsbruck in May?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:15 pm, December 07, 2017
Get answers to your questions about Ischgl
Recent Conversations